Talk

Advanced search

to try for another baby?

(4 Posts)
seaglass Tue 10-Nov-09 12:30:12

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

Dh and I really want another baby - various life events have made us really think about what we want, and for the first time (after 3 dc's) he is as sure about this as me.

However, I was talking to a midwife friend the other day, and because I have already had 3 C/S, I would definately have to have another.

She told me that a consultant would try to put me off, as they would consider it potentially risky.

From her point of view, I've had 3 uncomplicated C/S's, and there is no reason why another would be any more complicated.

She also said that where she works, a very high percentage of mothers to be and new mothers are young girls, who are out of their depth, so also from her point of view, as we have a very stable home-life, if this is something we want to do, we should just go ahead.

What would you do?
Has anyone had experience of 4 C/S
and AIBU?

Hulababy Tue 10-Nov-09 12:32:53

There was a MNetter in the past who had had several cs IIRR. Try searching fr her posts. Think she was called zipper or something similar and related.

Scorps Tue 10-Nov-09 12:32:59

Yanbu. I would do it.

Geocentric Tue 10-Nov-09 12:33:59

Drs get very jumpy about more than 3 c/s. But I do know 2 women that have had 4 c/s - the problem is increased risk of uterine rupture, but neither of the one's I know had any complications at all (and one had a child every 2 years, as she and her DH wanted them all close in age).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now