Talk

Advanced search

to expect DH not to walk straight through the door ....

(43 Posts)
Undercovamutha Mon 09-Nov-09 18:28:16

and up to the toilet with a magazine in hand and not reappear for 20 minutes! Especially when I have been having the day from hell with the DCs, am barely holding it together, and was desperate for him to come home and entertain at least one DC!
FFS can't he just go at work grin!

AKMD Mon 09-Nov-09 18:36:05

The men I know seem to have this weird sense of pride at being able to 'hold it in all day'. You are lucky your DH only takes 20 minutes...

ImSoNotTelling Mon 09-Nov-09 18:36:39

Ha. Yes it happens here too hmm

Better than his other trick of vanishing for 20 mins just when we are about to leave for something we need to be on time for.

tethersend Mon 09-Nov-09 18:40:25

Mine takes the laptop, count yourself lucky.

Now wash your hands.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 09-Nov-09 18:40:26

YANBU - DH does this too and it drives me mad! Especially as DS is sooo happy to see him that he is then inconsolable until DH eventually emerges.

Mishy1234 Mon 09-Nov-09 18:47:18

My DH does this too and it's infuriating.

He won't go at work in case there are any 'silent listeners'. Why on earth anyone would actually want to stand and listen I have no idea...

OrmIrian Mon 09-Nov-09 18:49:14

Oh I know! Drives me mad too. FFs go and pollute someone else's bathroom. And if you are that desperate to go after waiting all day why does it take 30mins and the entire Independent crossword?

mankymummymoo Mon 09-Nov-09 18:49:26

Well... I dont get to go in peace/alone all day so I would just let the DCs go in the loo with him...

Undercovamutha Mon 09-Nov-09 18:49:29

TBH I wouldn't go at work if I could help it, but I haven't exactly noticed any modesty from DH when it comes to anything toilet related! I just think he uses it as 20 mins relaxation time from nagging wife and noisy kids angry!

Naat Mon 09-Nov-09 18:53:57

Imsonotelling, the EXACT same here happens here. It drives me insane! Why oh why does it have to be right when you're with one foot out?!

letsblowthistacostand Mon 09-Nov-09 19:11:30

Take the lock off the bathroom door and let the DC in. Nobody goes to the loo in private in our house, unless you call having a sobbing child hammering on the door 'private.' I feel that DH needs to experience these things in order to be the best parent he can be.

KatieScarlett2833 Mon 09-Nov-09 19:14:20

I do this, and it's not because I hold it in, either. My bowels just seem to move during the journey home and I'm practically jogging to the loo.

But 20mins is "extracting the urine", tell him he has 5 mins, tops.

howdidthishappenthen Mon 09-Nov-09 19:18:14

My DH waits til 11pm, then emerges from the fog 20 mins later contemplating a shag. Grosses me out completely.

meltedchocolate Mon 09-Nov-09 19:40:29

<<killing herself laughing>>

That is not what i thought you were talking about!!!!

It took me reading half the posts to realise you meant he goes to the loo for waste desposal!!!

When you said magazine in hand i thought you meant.... well you can guess...

blush shocking dirty mind.

shootfromthehip Tue 10-Nov-09 08:13:45

Oh dear, whilst it's heartening to know that my DH is not the only one, it is a little bit tragic that our men are so deperate for relaxation that going for a prolonged dump seems to satisfy that need. It would take a day at a spa to provide me with the satisfaction that I am presented with from DH after a 20 min sojourn in the loo.

Ah well, each to their own I suppose grin

Jackstini Tue 10-Nov-09 09:18:29

PMSL Melted!!

diddl Tue 10-Nov-09 09:42:30

Melted, that crossed my mind also!

We never lock the bathroom door, tbh, unless have bad stomach.blush

My husband often nips up when he gets in from work & the rest of us file in after asking about his day/telling about ours!blushblush

Undercovamutha Tue 10-Nov-09 09:44:38

Meltedchoc grin - I must watch how I phrase things in future - ROFL!

CJCregg Tue 10-Nov-09 09:49:55

My DS is clearly going to become one of these men - he proudly tells me that he never does a poo at school unless he can help it - 'I save it for when I get home, Mummy'. He doesn't have a magazine but a small pot of Star Wars lego figures next to the loo keeps him nicely occupied (as DD and I hop from leg to leg, waiting for him to finish).

I think we're all jealous, to be honest. There's nothing nicer than an uninterrupted dump, we just never get the chance any more ...

Aeschylus Tue 10-Nov-09 09:51:02

my DW does this as well, not just men, as soon as she gets in, up she goes for her daily POO, I am like WTF use works toilet roll.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 10-Nov-09 09:57:35

LOL DP does this as well!

Oh yes and when we have to go out, as we are about to walk out the door....he needs the loo....hmm is it their comfort zone?

StealthPolarBear Tue 10-Nov-09 10:00:01

i knew it would be this!
DH does this too - well i think his is just a wee, hand wash, face wash, beard examine...still takes 20 mins while i wait to pass him the baby!

Poledra Tue 10-Nov-09 10:00:35

My DH's one is, when I say tea is ready, to get up from the sofa and go for a wee then. OK, he's only a few minutes but FGS, we eat tea at roughly the same time every night, he can hear/see me cooking it, is it so hard for him to go the the loo before tea's ready? And even worse, DD2 is starting to follow his example.

Mind you, my gran didn't manage to stop my grandad doing exactly this every night (she swore grin) of a 54-year marriage.

StealthPolarBear Tue 10-Nov-09 10:02:16

yes DH does that too (or used to...not sure any more)

sheeplikessleep Tue 10-Nov-09 10:06:01

my dh always needs to go immediately after i've cleaned the bathroom, every time, without fail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now