Talk

Advanced search

take 3 year ols out nursery for a day.

(9 Posts)
happyharry Mon 09-Nov-09 15:27:10

My 3 year old attends nursery at a primary school. DD goes to same school. Need to visit my mum as she had a stroke and occupational therapists visiting her. Was going to put ds in wraparound care at school to do this. However, doesn't seem 100% at mo so think whole day at school too much. So taking him with me. Does this sound reasonable? What would you tell school?

InterruptingKid Mon 09-Nov-09 15:27:48

he is 3 fgs do as oyu please

InterruptingKid Mon 09-Nov-09 15:27:58

he is 3 fgs do as oyu please

juneybean Mon 09-Nov-09 15:28:25

at 3 years old its not compulsory to be in education so you can do what you like

olivo Mon 09-Nov-09 15:29:23

totally reasonable, IMO. tell the school the truth, i would do this , in your situation.

alarkaspree Mon 09-Nov-09 15:34:36

I would do it and have but if the school is strict about absences, which a nursery attached to a state primary might be, then just say he's a little under the weather so you're not sending him to school today.

tinkerbellesmuse Mon 09-Nov-09 16:14:49

Of course it is reasonable and i'd just tell the school the truth.

But then I told the DC's school that we were going on holiday last week and so they wouldn't be in school and then told their teachers this morning that we didn't actually go on hols and just did some nice family stuff shock

nannynick Mon 09-Nov-09 16:31:04

If the child has not reached compulsory school age (ie. age 5) then you can take them out for any reason whatsoever as far as I am aware - as you don't need to send them to school until the term of their 5th Birthday (possibly not until their actual birthday).

So YANBU to take your child, age 3, out of nursery. Just tell them that he won't be there on InsertDay/DateHere

Firawla Mon 09-Nov-09 17:55:58

how can they be strict on attendance at that age, when it is optional in the first place?! yes take him out for the day, it seems like the better option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now