Talk

Advanced search

people getting outraged about x-factor really ought to get out more.

(21 Posts)
wannaBe Mon 09-Nov-09 11:14:30

It's just a tv show.

John and Edward are not axe murderers, and besides which they were kept in by the public vote.

The show has always been about acts without talent (we get to watch weeks and weeks of auditions where no-hopers have been put through purely for our entertainment) and people have always been exploited.

But now there are threads and threads on mn, there are reams and reams of newspaper articles, and pieces on the news questioning whether it's fair to keep John and Edward in the competition.

There is a

hate group

and a petition.

And clearly a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands. grin

And it's all completely pointless and it really doesn't matter.

teatank Mon 09-Nov-09 11:24:11

i agree. i know they cant sing but seem to be able to entertain. i enjoyed there act better than lucys. she can sing but shes just soooo boring.

southeastastra Mon 09-Nov-09 11:25:24

agree!

i'd rather chew my own toenails off than watch that shite

OneTwoBuckleMyShoe Mon 09-Nov-09 11:26:45

Completely agree!

shockers Mon 09-Nov-09 11:31:03

Good point well made!

wannaBe Mon 09-Nov-09 11:33:02

I watch it but see it for what it is - entertainment.

All these people who talk on camera about how "this is my chance to change my life/create a future for my children yada yada are completely deluded - very few of them have a future at the end of it - even the winner.

If it was a serious talent show then we wouldn't be subjected to the audition shows where we get to see the humilliation fodder that have been put through for our entertainment.

southeastastra Mon 09-Nov-09 11:35:32

the gong show was much more entertaining. or even opportunity knocks grin

hobnobsaremyfave Mon 09-Nov-09 12:03:58

I find it funny that people are saying "Oh it's a fix" and "It's rigged to keep the ratings up" have they only just worked that out??? It's Simon Cowell's cash cow of course it's rigged to maximise the ratings!

5inthebed Mon 09-Nov-09 12:06:42

Totally agree. I'm sick of seeing people's FB status' on a Sat/sun night claiming they'll never watch the show again, and them signing up to various groups.

JEdward are after all, only 18 years old, and from what I've seen, having the time of their lives at the moment. Fair play to them.

teameric Mon 09-Nov-09 12:09:56

Agree too! I haven't been on facebook for ages because of this very reason! Why do people care so much? It's a pile of shit. My niece stayed over on sat and it's the first time I've watched it this year and have to say John and Edward are the best thing on it by far!

MrsChemist Mon 09-Nov-09 12:47:16

Who the sod are Jedward? What is with the recently obsession with shortening two names/words into one? Brangelina and SuBo and the like, it's all bloody stupid.

Worst is chillax <shudder>

TeamAlesha Mon 09-Nov-09 12:49:27

Totally agree.

I am really hoping they win grin

Hopefully then it will be the last ever x factor!

ElenorRigby Mon 09-Nov-09 12:49:41

Was astonished to see Sunday mornings review of the papers having a front page about Simon Cowell.
FFS!
Never watch it, dont want to know about it, it aint news!

Sassybeast Mon 09-Nov-09 12:54:03

I think that people getting outraged about people getting outraged about the X factor need to get out more. Particularly if they care enough to start and respond to internet threads.......

VinegarTits Mon 09-Nov-09 12:54:53

I really want jedward to win now becuase Simon's plan to get ride of the competition will backfire

I can't believe he still has all his acts

<goes off to get a life/get out more>

teameric Mon 09-Nov-09 12:55:49

woooooh... handbags grin

paisleyleaf Mon 09-Nov-09 13:00:17

yanbu, I don't watch it but obviously can't miss knowing a bit about it. It's all set up, the judges have their roles to play etc. It's in newspapers! Why?

wannaBe Mon 09-Nov-09 13:04:49

before the live shows even started I said on a thread that john and edward would be like the mcDonald brothers of a few years back and would make it further than some anticipated.

The thing is, they do this on all reality tv shows in order to boost ratings. We had the john Sargent thing last year on Strictly, the race row and the row over one of the judges this year, the race thing on big brother, the continuous media coverage of Susan boyle's outbursts in Britain's got talent and so the list goes on.

And it achieves exactly what it's meant to achieve - to get people talking about the show and to boost ratings. And regardless of people saying they won't watch again, most will, and many who haven't previously will watch to see what it's all about..

TeamAlesha Mon 09-Nov-09 13:06:26

Im a non-watcher really but thats just why Simon wants them to stay. They are creating massive amounts of publicity for the show.

I think the whole thing is hilarious.

curryfreak Wed 11-Nov-09 17:10:21

Life's too short to watch this pile of shit. Read a book, listen to music, or watch something decent on tv.
I find this whole x factor obsession utterly depressing!

Fibilou Wed 11-Nov-09 17:16:49

It's a TV programme and I can't believe that people think it isn't scripted ! Probably the same people that think the "celebrities" in get me out of here actually get starved and sleep in the outback..

It's a stupid show full of talentless wannabes. If they actually had the "X factor" they wouldn't need to be on that show would they ? You're never going to get someone like Prince or The Beatles out of the show because, by its very nature, it only attracts those that couldn't make it on the back of their own talent but require a massive TV programme

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now