Talk

Advanced search

Not really a AIBU but wondering about an xmas present

(7 Posts)
JTGPsmummy Mon 09-Nov-09 09:36:18

We have entered my DS for a baby competition just because the photos were done by a professional photographer and you could buy the photos after for a fraction of the price of a studio.

I suggested to my DH that we buy the lot and use them as xmas presents. He agreed. I suggested that one of the medium pictures goes to his mum in a frame for xmas, the other one is going to my nan. He seems to think that this is a rubbish present!? I thought a professional picture of a GC in a frame was a good idea for a GP. I know my nan will like it and I think his mum will too, although she can be a bit funny about presents and does make it known by rolling her eyes or saying thanks in an unenthusiastic way.

Ayway, to me it seems like a good idea, but what do others think?

mamadiva Mon 09-Nov-09 09:38:57

MIL is getting a few pictures of DS as he's just had his first 'school' photo's done (at nursery) in a flip photo frame but she loves photo's.

I think photo's are a lovely present

Poledra Mon 09-Nov-09 09:45:29

I gave my mother and MIL a framed photo of DD1 all dressed up for a wedding we went to when she was 16 months. They loved it and the photos are up in their houses (they did, of course, get a photo each grin). And it wasn't a professional photo, just a piccie I took that she looked lovely and natural in (an uncommon occurrence for DD1 as she starts posing the minutes she spots a camera).

gingernutlover Mon 09-Nov-09 09:46:13

sounds like a lovely idea

and his mum sounds a bit difficult to please anyway so you'd probably be worried whatever you chose. I can't believe she would dare to look ungrateful when given a photo of her gchild though ha ha so I woukld have thought it was a safer bet.

I have done photos a few times, but normally order my own off truprint, they do lovekly photo mugs, printed albums etc.

why did your dh agree initially and now think its a rubbish idea?

ProfYaffle Mon 09-Nov-09 09:47:24

We do this every year, gp's get a photo of the dc done at nursery. There are other presents too so this is sort of a stocking filler.

Firawla Mon 09-Nov-09 09:55:16

seems okay to me
if dh doesn't think so for his mum then get that and something that dh chose aswel?

JTGPsmummy Mon 09-Nov-09 09:58:07

Hi ginger. My DH thought it was a rubbish idea originally, he is going a long with it as I asked him what else he would get and told him how a GPs like this sort of thing. He is going a long with the idea bit I know he isn't happy. I think it just means he can't think of anything else. although he usually asks her what she wants and gets that. I wouls rather someone came up with their own idea but then I suppose you have the risk of it being something they don't want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now