Talk

Advanced search

to be feeling sorry for myself?

(6 Posts)
wolfear Sun 08-Nov-09 12:32:57

DS2 is nearly five months anbd after a spell of waking only once a night, has gone back to waking every two hours. I've tried letting him cry, cuddling him but the only way I can pacify him to to feed. I don't think he's hungry as he only feeds for a couple of minutes before falling asleep again. DH wants to help but baby won't take a bottle (we've tried five types of bottle, waiting til he's starving etc). He's an angel during the day BTW.

DS1 is 2.3 and becoming a bit of a handful. He's whinging loads, chucking tantrums and despite my best efforts, I'm snapping at him and feel like I'm on the verge to be honest. I'm so knackered but feel like if I don't keep on top of things like washing and housework too it will swallow me up.

I just want a day off! AIBU to moan or do I need a kick up the backside?

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 12:35:58

YANBU. Having a baby and a todler is hard.

wolfear Sun 08-Nov-09 12:39:38

It's relentless. I love them to bits but feel like I'm dragging myself around all day just to get to bedtime.

SecretNinjaChipmunk Sun 08-Nov-09 12:48:42

can dh help with the housework and stuff so you can concentrate on the kids? or can he take ds1 out for a bit to have some parent child one on one time? or look after ds2 while you have 1 on 1 time with ds1? maybe thats why he's started chucking tantrums cos he feels a bit left out? yanbu btw. housework is really not he be all and end all so don't wind yourself up about it. hope you find an answer..

worthmore Sun 08-Nov-09 13:07:17

Could be the little one is ready for some solids? I know this is a bit contentious, but could be worth a try!
And with the older son, you could make him feel part of things by asking him to do stuff, ie, could you pass mummy that nappy.. good boy etc
But of course you are not being unreasonable, it's not easy

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 15:35:05

It does get easier as they get older, I promise.

You'll probably look back on this year and remember it as the hardest of your life. Unless yuo have a 3rd baby, of course. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now