Talk

Advanced search

to be incredibly pissed off and upset with my bro in law and his girlfriend

(18 Posts)
nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 14:24:01

I've been away for a week so other half asked his brother if he wanted to look after the house for us. he doesnt live with his g/f or baby while they are waiting for a house from the council, so we thought we were being nice and they could spend some proper time together as a family. last time we went away for the weekend, OH asked them to keep an eye on the house, and they chose to stay over, and to whinge about the mess. so this time we actually invited them to stay, and made a point of cleaning through thoroughly. i stripped and washed the bedding, although didnt have time to remake the bed as it was still slightly damp when we left. OH told his brother he would need to make the bed.
He didnt. They have slept in my bed for a week with just the uncovered quilt and uncovered pillows. Every single drawer in my bedroom had been opened and left not fully closed, and my "bottom drawer" had been rearranged. They've also left random kitchen drawers open and seem to have gone through the bookshelf. There was piss all over the toilet, the bathroom window (easily big enough to fit a person through) was left wide open, our laptop left on the dining table in full view of the street, the tv and ps3 on standby. they have washed the dishes they used, but have left the sink full of the little bits of food that were washed off.

im really upset that they would treat my house and my belongings like this. and i feel sick that they would go through my stuff, regardless of if they are family. i know that is human nature to be nosy, but show some shame and try to put things back how they were!!

GypsyMoth Sat 07-Nov-09 14:27:22

what did they re-arrange in your bottom drawer?

well,lesson learnt,the offer won't be there next time i assume?

diddl Sat 07-Nov-09 14:29:15

YANBU to be p!ssed off, but tbh;I don´t know why you asked them when before they had he cheek to moan about the mess-and stayed over without being asked.

Cheeky/ungrateful söds just taking the piss advantage, IMO.

memorylapse Sat 07-Nov-09 14:32:12

YANBU..but I guess its a lesson learned..Im sure you wont be asking them to mind the house again!

BalloonSlayer Sat 07-Nov-09 14:32:15

What was in your bottom drawer shock ?

In my day a bottom drawer was where you kept things in preparation for your marriage.

Come to think of it, could be the same things . . .

nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 14:37:34

there were condoms on the top in a make up bag that had gone and my vibrators had moved. i was suspicious last time they stayed that they had been in there, but OH told me i was being paranoid and his brother wouldnt do that. so i made a point of putting everything in there very precisly and showing OH as i did it. and it had 100% been moved.

ha, no, they will not be staying again. tbh at the mo, i dont even want to see either of them. i am blooming fuming. and OH wont let me speak to them (understandably though, lol), he wants to have a chat with his brother himself.

if that is how they think other peoples houses should be looked after, im concerned for their child once they get somewhere of their own. he'll probably catch dysentry or diptheria or some other disease.

oh, and i forgot to say, she wore my slippers and her fat feet have stretched them out of shape

nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 14:38:53

blush
lol, i did have that kind too before we moved in, with cutlery and tea towels and whatever

lal123 Sat 07-Nov-09 14:40:41

if i'd suspected that guests had been through "my bottom drawer" I'd sure as hell put the contents somewhere else if they were staying over again! ewwww hope they've cleaned them better that they cleaned the sink....

nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 14:48:54

that wouldnt have helped, they've had a good nose round the entire house

part of me is tempted to say why should i have to not trust them enough to have to hide stuff in my own house, but i guess thats been answered. though if i genuinely thought they couldnt be trusted, i wouldnt have asked them to stay...

sausagesupper Sat 07-Nov-09 14:50:30

YANBU

BalloonSlayer Sat 07-Nov-09 14:57:11

OMG!

If you had any thoughts that they would look in there why the hell didn't you put all that in the loft?

I would have done. In fact DH recently found a bag full of interesting items we hid when we had the builders in wink.

At least they used condoms, nattiecake, even though they were yours. You wouldn't have wanted BIL's "'Arry" all over your duvet, given that they weren't using a cover, would you?

envy <-- that's a nauseated emoticon BTW

nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 15:02:31

my mums picking up a new one for me today just in case...
yuck yuck yuck, better to be safe than sorry

BalloonSlayer Sat 07-Nov-09 15:04:25

I hope you mean your Mum's buying you a new duvet, not a new vibrator grin

spookycharlotte121 Sat 07-Nov-09 15:06:24

thats pretty gross that they ddnt use a duvet cover etc..... i mean if they didnt knwo where you had left the clean one all it would have taken was a quick txt to ask.

in regards to them looking like they have snooped through your drawers... perhaps they had put a few of their things away in the drawers. they may have moved things asside to accomodate theur own stuff.

oh and the sink thing.... my mum always seems to do this when she has been at my house so one day i said something about it and she appologised.... she said she always pulled the plug out and left the sink not realising how much food stuff had been floating around so perhaps that was unintentional.

but i would be pretty upset if i were in your shoes.

nattiecake Sat 07-Nov-09 15:08:02

haha, new DUVET. though the other will soon follow!! but not from my mum

other half is now having a strop that im telling you all about it...

hatesponge Sat 07-Nov-09 15:08:33

YANBU.

I'm most horrified by her wearing your slippers tbh - I would hate the thought of puttin my feet where someone elses smelly hooves had been, given her housework standards I doubt her footcare regime is impressive hmm

I'd buy some new slippers as well as a duvet. And send them the bill.

And definitely NEVER let them stay at your house again!

diddl Sat 07-Nov-09 15:12:56

Are they 16?

They really do sound like a pair of dirty pigs, though.

My house isn´t a palace,but I would make more effort in someone elses house.

And to not bother to make a bed.

That´s wierd!

JackBauer Sat 07-Nov-09 15:14:54

BIL did this to us when we let him and his skanky girlfriend stay while we were away.
They lkeft takeout all over the kitchen and half empty beer and wine bottles in the living room (on the floor) There were makeup covered tissues all over their bedroom on the floor next to the bin, the bathroom was a state, every towel in the house was in a wet pile on the floor and no washing up had been done.
Laptop and pc left on, everything on standby, dvds left out in pile on floor.

We were not happy but put it down to experience. They will not be offered a bed here again without us being present. Not enough to get really mad over TBH, just chalk it up and rememebr it next time you feel like doing thema favour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now