Talk

Advanced search

You should overtake properly in a car

(5 Posts)
Ivykaty44 Sat 07-Nov-09 12:46:46

this is how it looks

Not trying to scrape past a cylist or motor cyclist and being within two foot of them...

If you can't overtake - then wait don't put others in danger due to your hurry

sarah293 Sat 07-Nov-09 12:57:49

Message withdrawn

nickelbang Sat 07-Nov-09 13:06:54

i'm bot ha driver and a cyclist so i've been on both sides: it does annoy me when people overtake bikes when there clearyl isn't room (even worse when they do it on blind bends and if there's a car approaching) they wouldn't take the risk if it were a car, so why with a bike?

sweetnitanitro Sat 07-Nov-09 13:15:08

I always give cyclists a really wide berth just in case they have a wobble as I'm going past. I hate it when the car behind me gets impatient while I wait for a safe place to overtake though hmm I once had some twat overtake me on a narrow bridge because I didn't want to overtake a cyclist til I got to the other side. Mind you, I'm never in enough of a hurry to risk anyone's life unlike most of the drivers round here. YAdefinitelyNBU

Ivykaty44 Sun 08-Nov-09 21:27:02

nicklebang- I think they still take the risk with a car, they just think it will all be fine and they will walk away hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now