Talk

Advanced search

to make Oh solely responsible for hanging out the washing when he gets home?

(14 Posts)
Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 20:59:16

i will sort it, i will put it in the machine, i will set the machine,i will measure out precise amounts of powder/softener, i will take it out of the machine and put at the back door in the basket, i will take it off the line/airer, i will fold it, i will iron it, and i will put it all away, but i hate, hate, hate hanging it out or on the airers. dont ask me why cause i dont know but i hate it. Oh is home for 8 weeks at the end of the month, would i be unreasonable to make this his job?

i will do every other chore in the house ( i do anyway) but it would absoloutely make my year if i didnt have to hang the bloody washing for once in my life.

lindsaygii Fri 06-Nov-09 21:03:35

YANBU.

If the only way to get chores done is to make it so certain tasks belong to a certain person, then so be it.

He lives in the house, he should help run it. And that includes hanging out the washing.

Frankly, you should make him do a full half of the work, but that may be more trouble than it's worth...

< hmm remembers why she's single>

southeastastra Fri 06-Nov-09 21:06:18

no-one likes hanging it out that's the worst part

allaboutme Fri 06-Nov-09 21:07:36

I'll hang it out for you, if you fold and put and put away mine!

diddl Fri 06-Nov-09 21:13:42

I love hanging washing out.

Means it´s a nice day! blush

Find it a pita to put up inside,though!

Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 21:15:45

allaboutme DEAL

i will do it, i really will.

it is more trouble than its worth lindsaygii he still wont hang the washing out 'right' but i'm willing to sacrifice that if it means i dont have to do it.

yes i am anal about it.

bigchris Fri 06-Nov-09 21:18:04

put it in dryer?

Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 21:21:23

you still have to shake it out to put in the dryer bigchris. i know its tiny on the grand scale of things to hate but i just do and i cant help it.

bigchris Fri 06-Nov-09 21:23:16

you do?! oops...

Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 21:27:06

is that a man thing that you dont know to shake it out?

the one and only time i did ask OH to do it he literally took everything straight from machine and into dryer, jeans, socks, WOOL!! everything.

needless to say i had to intervene. i rexcued all of my stuff and ds's but told him he could do as he pleases with his own. he put it all in and then asked what i'd put in the wash that had shrunk his clothes hmm

Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 21:27:35

rexcued?? thats a new one

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 06-Nov-09 23:28:30

yanbu - you do too much lots

but

why cant your dh help out more?

my dh will gladly help out, but i have to ask him to do it, as wont occur to him to do it by his self

i wont allow my dh to hang washing up/out as he doesnt shake and puts when on line outside, heavy items inside and bras/knickers outside and hangs items upside down etc - my mum told me bottoms by tops and tops by bottoms and dh just CANT manage that!!

but dh is fab at folding (really neatly) and putting away

Booyhoo Fri 06-Nov-09 23:39:03

he does help when he's here.

he is navy and has been away since the start of june in the falklands.
even when he isnt deployed he's stationed in portsmouth and we live in N. Ireland so really its only weekends when he is home and never for long enough that he can get a hang on our routine. so really it is easier for me to do it all even when he is here because i would end up 'fixing' everything that he's done. 8 weeks will be the longest he's been home (he's built up alot of leave) so i've asked him to take over that job specifically. he'll do other stuff aswell but that was one i really wanted to offload.

he also doesnt understand how to hang washing so i will spend a full 30 seconds demonstrating how its to be done grin

jemart Fri 06-Nov-09 23:41:10

This is why I love my tumble drier.

Yanbu but if your dh is anything like mine it just won't get done and you will end up doing it all for him. And having to wade through the backlog that has accumulated while he has been ignoring it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now