Talk

Advanced search

to want a New Year's Eve....

(4 Posts)
JimJammum Fri 06-Nov-09 19:53:38

....in a nice country pub or hotel locally to us, with scrumptious food, where my (well behaved) 3yo can have bit of dinner with us at 7ish and we would be finished and gone by 9. That way we can spend the evening together as a family without me sacrificing a fab meal, or the chance to put on some lippy and heels. Cannot find anywhere.

Also ds birthday is 2 Jan. All theme parks etc closed. It's the holidays. Open up!!!!

kittycatty Fri 06-Nov-09 19:57:24

Think about the people that would have to work if these places were open, i was one once working christmas and new years eve as well as new years day!

mollyroger Fri 06-Nov-09 20:01:58

I feel your pain.I just want to go out for a couple of hours with my dc for a meal so they feel a sense of occasion, but don't really want to pay £50 per head hmm

JimJammum Fri 06-Nov-09 20:44:26

Kitty - I work in hospitality. I would have thought that the staff would love to be done by 9pm so they could go out/home to their families and enjoy NYE for once after a festive period of working non-stop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now