Talk

Advanced search

in thinking that my ds is utterly perfect?

(39 Posts)
sabire Fri 06-Nov-09 14:54:40

I know it's crap, but I'm gonna do it.

Am I deluded in thinking my six year old ds is completely perfect in every way because:

he's incredibly loving and affectionate yet absolutely unclingy and self-sufficient

he amuses himself reading encyclopaedias while singing quietly in a sweet little voice

he's interested in old people and allows old ladies to kiss and hug him without making disgusted faces

he eats everything you put on the table in front of him

he's the most popular child in his class

he's kind to babies and toddlers

he's very beautiful and delicate looking

he knows the words to every song on the new Tynchy Stryder album and can rap along convincingly

he's is so clever that his teacher has taken him out of the top set in class and has him working alone on special projects

he still likes his teddy bears

And no, his name isn't Perfect Peter.

Ok, I'll stop now.

moaningminniewhingesagain Fri 06-Nov-09 14:56:33

smile

JeremyVile Fri 06-Nov-09 14:59:29

He sounds adorable!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 06-Nov-09 15:00:43

Lol, appreciate and enjoy him while you can.

mosschops30 Fri 06-Nov-09 15:02:26

YANBU, I feel this way about my ds who is utterly perfect in every way smile, he even makes his bed every morning and can sort his washing into the correct piles (he's 4 and dh still hasnt mastered this at 36 wink)

whoisasking Fri 06-Nov-09 15:03:20

Well, I've got TWO perfect boys, so ner to you!

wink

Aw, and my lovely 12 year old is poorly and so I had to take the morning off work to look after him today. When my mum came in, so that I could come to work for the afternoon, he cried because he didn't want me to go.

<sniff>

teameric Fri 06-Nov-09 15:10:44

can I swap my DS for yours? mine's 10 and a right pain in the arse grin

bettykitten75 Fri 06-Nov-09 16:55:32

Have you got any other "perfect" children OP?

Aranea Fri 06-Nov-09 16:58:56

Awww, that's lovely. When I clicked on the thread title I was expecting it to be about a much younger child and was feeling all cynical and sour and just-you-wait-ish. But that's gorgeous.

2shoes Fri 06-Nov-09 17:01:54

yanbu
as long as I can say my 17 yr old ds and 14 yrold dd are perfect too

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 06-Nov-09 17:16:56

Sabire, he sounds very nearly perfect but is not, of course, quite as perfect as my own 6 year old boy who has just come up and put his arms round me and said "who is the most beautifullest loveliest person with the nicest perfume in the whole wide world? its you Mummy, it really is". God, I nearly bit him, I love him so much.

madamearcati Fri 06-Nov-09 17:44:08

Sounds too perfect to be heterosexual wink, so you may not get any grandchildren
smile

noddyholder Fri 06-Nov-09 17:45:53

Ok but he isn't as perfect as mine!

WaitingForVino Fri 06-Nov-09 17:48:09

I suppose as a baby he slept through at 6 weeks and was potty trained promptly on his first birthday?

FFS. It's wonderful but makes the rest of us look a very crap lot indeed!

envyblushangryenvyblushangryenvyblush

LynetteScavo Fri 06-Nov-09 17:48:38

LOL @ madamearcati grin

shockers Fri 06-Nov-09 17:52:01

YANBU... and neither am I wink

Sagacious Fri 06-Nov-09 17:52:22

grin madamc

eggontoast Fri 06-Nov-09 17:52:51

sabire - you are very lucky, not unreasonable. Enjoy him, savour him and try not to think to much about the day he flies the nest!

That's what I do with mine, who is, by the way, perfect too, even when he is having a tantrum!

LeQueen Fri 06-Nov-09 18:00:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sabire Fri 06-Nov-09 18:37:58

"Have you got any other "perfect" children OP?"

Oh my other two are right horrors, but very loving and funny.

DD is an in-yer-face 'whatever' ,'ya get me', 'yo you is mingin' man' tweenie of 10, who can sing like Amy Winehouse (and has hair like her too!)

DS2 (4) is a brown eyed, rosebud lipped, curly headed little devil who shouts insults at people in the street if they drop rubbish, and who spends all day at the moment either goosing our labrador or trying to push the builders off the scaffolding outside his bedroom. shock

"Sounds too perfect to be heterosexual"

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. He's quite camp. As well as Tynchy Stryder he's very fond of Lady Gaga, and La Rue. He's also very particular about his clothes; he can spend all day in a mud pit and come out looking immaculate... grin My SIL is desperate for a gay son who'll grow up and take her out shopping. Wonder if I'm the one who got lucky instead!

sabire Fri 06-Nov-09 18:42:29

LeQueen, to a certain extent you make your own luck when it comes to children. Happy children are nice to be with, and they're happy because they feel loved and have very little to trouble them.

My older and younger child can be very rude and trying, but they have a great joy of life that makes them a pleasure to be with (well, for me anyway - I expect other people might want to hurl themselves off a cliff after having half an hour of dd talking at them non-stop about the plot of Waterloo Road.....)

pumpkinpasties Fri 06-Nov-09 18:52:01

aw bless, i have a perfect son too, hes only 1, and he makes me smile, when i'm down. is very vocal, his vocabulary at the moment is : dog, doggy, dad, shoes, no, iggle and daisy.......no mummy yet hmm

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 06-Nov-09 19:20:19

I think my ds may be gay.

Morloth Fri 06-Nov-09 19:22:40

My brother is gay and he is a royal PITA so I am not sure the perfection=gay thing works. Though maybe it is the gay=perfection equation that isn't right?

MavisEnderby Fri 06-Nov-09 19:24:03

Can I swap him for my nearly 6?

Mine is going through what I can only describe as a teenage stage.

Strops and allsorts.

I feel like sitting in the corner with "Bad parent" hat on.

Maybe you can sort him out for me (HOPEFUL EMOTICON)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now