Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that this is just crazy???

(15 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 06-Nov-09 12:09:16

At the end of my pregnancy and treated myself to a pedicure yesterday as havent been able to reach toes for months grin

As I put my flip flop back on I smudged the big toe on one foot and the girl kindly re painted it for me.
However she painted it so thick over already 2 coats on there that 4 hours later it was still not dry and ended up just smudging off.

I rang the spa and asked if they could repaint toe for me this morning and they said yes.
So went down and one girl off sick and other girl says:

'sorry I havent been trained to paint toes so it cant be done today, theres no one here who can do it' hmm
I thought maybe I could do it myself but couldnt reach!

Is this bonkers or what? I mean why would she need to be trained to paint my big toe nail. Its not as if it can go horribly wrong and leave her open to legal action is it grin? A bikini wax, or massage or something I could understand. But painting one toenail of a fat heavily pregnant woman ..... pants!!

So I now have 9 immaculate toes and one BIG smudged one sad

Abubu Fri 06-Nov-09 12:23:44

Chortle. What a jobs worth. Yes that is a bit crazy. Did she look like she had just started?

It amazes me the lack of initiative some people show. If I was doing the job I just would have said something like "I haven't been trained to do this so I apologize in advance if it's not perfect but I'll give it a go"

busybutterfly Fri 06-Nov-09 12:43:59

OMG. Health and toenail safety gone mad hmm

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 12:46:25

Ah the delights of pregnancy... wink
But def a bit crazy of them. Maybe they've had <whispers> complaints in the past???

mosschops30 Fri 06-Nov-09 12:48:54

Would you bother to speak to the manager or just let it go and ignore smudged toe grin

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 12:50:38

I'm a lazy wimp, so I'd let it go... But depends, can you whip up the right amount of hormone-fuelled anger???

PeedOffWithNits Fri 06-Nov-09 12:50:52

oh yes, all this "I'm not trained for that" "it's not my job" gets on my wick

like when I was working at a school, teaching physics to GCSE level - and NOT ALLOWED to change a fuse in the staffroom kettle!!

I had a box full of screwdrivers and plugs in my lab for teaching the kids on and would have expected most of the year 11s to be able to do the job properly.

when people assume you cant do something when you can, its just as annoying!An amusing story - one time my dad (a vicar) was organising a church outing.....one of the little old ladies was not happy that a LADY from the church would be driving the minibus, should my dad not do it (just because he was a man)- the nominated driver was by occupation, wait for it...........an ambulance driver! I had visions of old lady being ill and refusing to get in the ambulance driven by a woman!

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 12:51:09

wink by the way!!

mosschops30 Fri 06-Nov-09 13:13:14

Im a nurse and am well aware of the dangers of working outside of ones competence, but painting a toenail hmm bonkers IMHO

Im not angry about it, I just think its a bit silly, and when youve paid for something youve looked forward to its a bit disappointing when its not right

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 06-Nov-09 13:15:14

If it is really obviously smudged and thick, would your dh/dp be qualified enough to take on the remedial work for you?

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 13:17:33

grin kreecher! (btw, how's your finger - not stalking or anything but last time I "saw" you you were off to the hospital??)

mosschops30 Fri 06-Nov-09 13:23:51

yes of course but I dont have the exact matching polish, if i did he would do it

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 13:26:38

Ah, mosschops, but is he qualified??? grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 06-Nov-09 13:28:30

Geocentric, finger is glued, the hospital wouldn't suture it.

Mosschops, fussy fussy fussy. I'd buy a bottle of the most fabulous colour you can find, a bottle of remover, some cotton wool and point your trotters at him. He got you into the pregnancy mess, the least he can do is cheer you up.

Geocentric Fri 06-Nov-09 13:29:49

<imagines letting DH loose near toes with nail varnish. Shudders.>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now