Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to buy another kitten

(38 Posts)
thesunshinesbrightly Thu 05-Nov-09 23:59:42

ok, i am rehoming my kitten but i have had a change of heart, would i be AIBU to but another kitten to pass her off as mine, i really love her and i'm so attached, i know i'm mad but it was just a thought, as i really cant do it

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:04:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InMyLittleHead Fri 06-Nov-09 00:04:36

I don't understand. Is it that you've already had an offer on the first kitten and now you want to keep her, so are thinking of buying another kitten to give to the people who made the offer?

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:07:07

yes inmylittlehead, i know i dont want to lie but i feel so guilty saying 'you cant have her now'

InMyLittleHead Fri 06-Nov-09 00:08:35

Well...is it really that bad to buy another kitten? It will go to a good home...

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:10:37

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:10:51

i would have to find one exactly the same as mine, but kitten's change so much dont they...

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:12:32

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:12:46

I wasnt going too tell them she's different just pass her off for mine, i'm not explaining myslef very well am i,sorry.

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:14:23

No i am serious, i'm not a troll, i know it's extreme but i cant part with her, and i just wanted to see what MN thought, and if it was actually that bad.

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:15:15

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:17:32

tumshe Fri 06-Nov-09 00:18:21

just tell the truth, easier all round and then they can go and choose a new kitten from Cats Protection and they will benefit from the donation

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:20:40

I knew i was been silly, i can't tell them,oh well

rasputin Fri 06-Nov-09 00:23:41

Missy8c Fri 06-Nov-09 00:27:26

Tell the truth. And no-one should buy kittens ever (or puppies for that matter). There are thousands waiting in rescue centres all over the country desperate for loving homes whilst greedy gits passing themselves off as animal lovers continue to breed them for their own monetary gain. These people can get a kitten from a rescue centre surely. They'll get over the disappointment and if they are true animal lovers they will fully understand why you've had a change of heart

Vallhala Fri 06-Nov-09 00:27:33

Why did you decide to rehome your kitten in the first place? If you have good reason then perhaps its best that you find another home - if not, then theres no shame in telling the truth.

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:34:15

My cat had a kitten after getting out when my mom was looking after her, the vet said he could spayed her anyway, but i couldnt do that it disgusts me, i already have two cat's and didnt think i could look after a third, but i cant part with her, i AM a animal lover they come first before anything.

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:35:45

yes i know there are thousands do not take me as that type of person because i am not.

Missy8c Fri 06-Nov-09 00:38:33

Sorry...I wasn't trying to imply that you were. I guess my message was for anyone reading it really. It's just something that I'm quite passionate about. I don't know you and I wasn't directing an accusation at you directly. I apologise if it sounded that way x

HeSaysSheSays Fri 06-Nov-09 00:41:42

Telling the truth and keeping your kitten is not that bad, getting a stand-in and lying about it is not ok.

If you are attached to her then it is still your cat, you get to make the decisions!

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:42:14

i know, im feeling really mad at myself at the moment. sorry.

Vallhala Fri 06-Nov-09 00:42:32

Keep her hun, an extra cat isn't that much hard work unless you have particularly difficult circumstances. If necessary ask a friend to make the call to explain to the people who want to take her that its no longer possible.

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:43:34

I know i'm being stupid i should just come out with it, i feel so guilty about it, i hate letting people down.

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 00:46:45

we have such a bond y'know, i know thats sounds silly, but we do she only wants me, omg what a plonker i sound blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now