Talk

Advanced search

in thinking that MN should carry a health warning?

(35 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Thu 05-Nov-09 11:47:11

This is my 1st week of posting and i had no idea it was so addictive!! My house is a tip I have the euoropean ironing mountain in my kitchen and what am I doing? Posting on mumsnet. Maybe that drugs advisor who quit could look into the addictive qualities on MN I think I might have to go cold turkey soon in the interests of my kids having clothes to wear!

ImSoNotTelling Thu 05-Nov-09 11:48:09

grin welcome hobnobs!

RealityBites Thu 05-Nov-09 11:49:46

Message withdrawn

AboardtheAxiom Thu 05-Nov-09 11:49:55

mwah ha ha ha ha {evil}

You are stuck here now. Ignore your ironing and pass me the biscuits. grin

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 05-Nov-09 11:49:57

Thanks for the welcome am still finding my feet and realising that it can get quite fiery on here!

AboardtheAxiom Thu 05-Nov-09 12:08:27

It can get fiery (that is a plus point for me - would rather that than fluffy passive agressive huns and tickers) but it can also be very heart warming and restore your faith in humanity too.

Welcome smile

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 12:09:31

Well I'm meant to be finishing an essay, the deadline is looming, and STILL I keep reading and posting. Can't you get a degree in Mumsnet yet? Can't I count it as some kind of psychology-related research??

MrsBadger Thu 05-Nov-09 12:10:12

you iron?

come to the [sligthyl crumpled] dark side...

AboardtheAxiom Thu 05-Nov-09 12:12:37

I'm on your side MrsBadger, life is too short to iron. I very rarely bother TBH.

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 05-Nov-09 12:17:17

I did actually give up ironing for 5 months after the birth of my 4th child. I ironed for 2 hours!!!on the day she was born and told my husband I wouldn't risk ironing again just in case it sent me into labour again!

RealityBites Thu 05-Nov-09 12:18:10

Message withdrawn

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 12:19:26

What's an iron?

Oh so that's why there's a pile of clothes hidden away that I never wear!

VinegarTitsOnFire Thu 05-Nov-09 12:19:49

You think you have it bad, i MN at work, i have users waiting for me to fix programs and what am i doing?

I am expecting my P45 someday soon

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 05-Nov-09 12:20:31

pmsl

welcome hobnobs!! smile

but shock that you actually iron!!

shake and fold from tumble dryer or send to ironing shop grin

Niecie Thu 05-Nov-09 12:24:08

Welcome Hobnob. You can rest assured you are not alone. Have you got to the point where you often occasionally forget to go to bed yet?

You will. <Hides bags under eyes - wears mask>

Luluskip - no you can't use MN as psychology related research. I have tried very hard and come to the conclusion it is not possible unless you are doing a PHd - all far to complex. grin

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 05-Nov-09 12:26:10

ok MN new years resolution I WILL NOT IRON ! By the way do you really live near a shop where you can get your ironing done? Can I move there?

Niecie Thu 05-Nov-09 12:27:59

Look in your local paper. There may be somebody who does ironing in there who obviously hasn't found the delights of MN and/or has much better self control.

Thats what I do!

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 12:28:55

biscuit

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 12:29:24

Damn Niecie! Another plan foiled!

<<still patently not doing essay>>

Niecie Thu 05-Nov-09 12:40:32

Luluskip - it is torture isn't it? You have to use the computer to write your essay but that is where MN lives. What you really need to do is step away from the computer but you can't.

And what harm does one little look do? None at all. It's time for a break, I'll just take 5 minutes, see what's happening.

Bang! Morning gone, lunchtime gone, afternoon gone and it's time to pick the children up and what do have to show for you day - you managed to type the title out and open your textbook.

Oh I know, I have been there. blush

Thankfully, I am between courses so I can waste time as much as like until Saturday when the new one starts.

<ignores tip of a house and pretends it is just an interesting objet d'art and meant to be that way>.

Niecie Thu 05-Nov-09 12:42:28

Damn - You would think that after several years of MN I would have a) learnt to type and b) learnt not to type and post without checking.

'I can waste as much time as I like' - all the words were there just not in the right order. blush

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 12:44:51

I'd get someone to disconnect the internet, but bugger it I'm a tech geek and know more than most about how to get round almost any way of blocking it! Oh, and aren't the breaks between courses when you're meant to catch up on the housework <surveys huge piles of crap in conservatory that she swore blind to deal with>?

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 05-Nov-09 12:48:24

Just fibbed to dd and told her that I was "just going for a wee" whilst I sneak on the computer I hope she doesn't catch me as she might end up very confused when we potty train

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 12:49:58

Oh hobnobs, the lying stage already! I try telling my DC I'm 'working' - they just laugh and gleefully tell DH I've been playing on the computer All Day when he gets home.

Niecie Thu 05-Nov-09 12:52:02

Can you see into my conservatory? shock

In my defence, gap was only 2 weeks this time and half term with the DC was one week of that!

Can't disconnect from the internet - I need it for research. <fools self>

Plus I would have disconnect myself (can't get it taken out - DH would object) which defeats the object because then, like you, I would know how to get back onto it.

I really really need to tidy the kitchen. Dishwasher repair man coming anytime soon and it is an embarrassing tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now