Talk

Advanced search

to think that a primary school trip to...

(5 Posts)
seaglass Thu 05-Nov-09 11:38:33

...an art gallery wasn't properly thought through?

Yesterday, the entire school went on a trip to an art gallery.

Without exception, every child returned, and the only things they can remember about the trip were.....

the naked statues (you could see their bottoms and willies <runs off giggling>)

the large free-standing willy

the statue of the lady with huge boobs

the female tour guide who had a moustache

.....and nothing else

Maybe my dc's and their friends live in a cultural wasteland, but I find it hilarious that the school thought they would take in anything else!

(for the record, I'm not upset about this at all (unlike another parent who's dd has never seen nudity before) I just think it's quite funny!)

AIBU?

eyetunes Thu 05-Nov-09 11:43:08

grin

piprabbit Thu 05-Nov-09 11:43:37

YABU - it will be the only trip of their school careers that any of them will remember in the years to come.

When they have they reunions in 25 years, the only topic of conversation will be 'do you remember the giant freestanding willy?'.

I suspect that teachers have deliberately chosen persoanl immortality over educational benefits.

onepieceoflollipop Thu 05-Nov-09 11:44:22

Presumably they weren't allowed in the gift shop, that would have diverted them nicely! grin

Itsjustafleshwound Thu 05-Nov-09 11:46:02

Could be worse - when my DH was in primary school, the class went on an outing to a sewerage farm !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now