Talk

Advanced search

To hate someones mbile phone interrupting the conversation

(5 Posts)
millymo Thu 05-Nov-09 10:08:40

I think people and their mobile phones these days are a pain.
You can,t even go to someones house without their phone ringing and then having to sit there like a lost soul for them to finish.
Oh and people sitting opposite at you in the cafe whether it be a friend or a relative on the phone for ages.
I can be in the middle of a interesting conversation with someone and I find it quite off putting when they start rabiting on their phones instead.
Its the same at the school gates I can be talking to someone then all of a sudden I realise they are not talking to me any more when the conversation takes an unepxpected twist and I realise they are on their phone and not talking to me now.
ANyone else feel like this.
Anybody else get even mildly irritated by this.

thesecondcocking Thu 05-Nov-09 10:30:06

ha ha ha...
i am sure you are very interesting however maybe your friends beg to differ...!
(only joking)
if i am out my phone stays in my handbag as unless i am waiting for a call i want to concentrate on who i am with.
It's really really rude.
i very often answer and say 'i am busy can i call you back unless it's important?'
yanbu
you know what i hate?
when you know what someones 'phone habit' is ie when you see them they answer the phone/return to texts in front of you/keep phone on table top incase they miss anything...
yet can take a week to reply to a text....
that utterly fucks me right off!

JTGPsmummy Fri 06-Nov-09 22:00:30

I hate this too!! I'm glad we have mobiles, they are great but we don't need to be glued to them 24 hours a day. If mine rings (if I hear it in my bag, which I usually don't) and I was with someone I would say that I was busy an dwould speak to them later as I really hate leaving a phone ringing (but that is just one of my 'things'). My sister comes over and we are talking and she is constantly on her phone texting. I look at facebook later and she has been updating her status while we are sat talking!!!!!!! Drives me mad!!

VengefulSinner Fri 06-Nov-09 22:08:57

Oh I hate that!

If my phone is the offending item I don't even answer it. I cancel the call and then stick it on silent. The only time I will answer is if it is someone close to me (e.g. mum) repeatedly calling and then I will excuse myself first.

YANBU - 'tis very rude.

Fibilou Fri 06-Nov-09 22:36:43

Prepare yourselves - I don't have a mobile. I hate them, they irritate me beyond all sense and rationality. My husband can't possibly leave his to ring, can't possibly manage to leave a new text for a moment to even negotiate a junction while driving (this drives me mad with rage)

I could just rant on for ages about my absolute loathing for the damned things but will stop now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now