Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how a 4 year old could lose a dress at nursery?

(8 Posts)
dilemma456 Wed 04-Nov-09 21:04:00

Message withdrawn

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 04-Nov-09 21:25:21

Perhaps there was an accident - major juice spill or the like - and girl had been changed into spare clothes whilst dress was put on a radiator to dry? My son came home a couple of times in trousers supplied by the nursery after things like that.

whomovedmychocolatecookie Wed 04-Nov-09 21:26:52

I'm guessing the mum thinks it was in the nursery bag but it wasn't. Or in the scramble to get a favoured toy out of the bag it's fallen behind a cupboard.

DD did come home from preschool sans one shoe recently. But with another alien shoe. Turns out her best friend and her 'shoe swapped' (despite being different sizes and styles hmm).

dilemma456 Wed 04-Nov-09 21:41:23

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolatecookie Wed 04-Nov-09 22:29:48

I expect the mother has insisted a note goes home (she probably thinks all the kids are desperate to get hold of her little darling's gorgeous dress hmm). The nursery staff are probably as bemused as you are and are just hoping this will lead people to label their kids clothes.

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 04-Nov-09 22:35:04

DD is usually wearing something totally different to that of what she was wearing when I dropped her off at nursery school. Reasons have been:

1. got wet/muddy, hence total costume change
2. Friend liked dress/shirt/sweater, so gave it to them
3. They decided to swap

<<note to self to label>>

littleducks Wed 04-Nov-09 22:35:04

do they have a dressing up box? they do at my dds preschool (though to my knowledge they have all gone home dr5essed in the clothes they were expected too but last week someone lost a pushchair, as two families had the same model and there was a mix up so you never know)

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 05-Nov-09 08:37:11

Not unusual, my dd came home without knickers during the summer term. I asked her why and she told me she wanted to get a bit of air to her 'bit' shock and the knickers impeded the air flow up the leg of her shorts. I did search the lost property box without success.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now