Talk

Advanced search

to wish DH would not take DD to McDonalds?

(80 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 17:58:29

Vile place...he only does it so he can have a burger grin.

I would prefer she did not eat in such places, but I guess, he can take her where he wants when he takes her out.

IABU aren't i?

RainRainGoAway Wed 04-Nov-09 17:59:58

How often?
If every day, every other day or every third day (etc) YANBU

If every week or so. Meh. YABU.

PyrotechnicToadstool Wed 04-Nov-09 18:00:24

How often?

allaboutme Wed 04-Nov-09 18:00:45

Depends how often really.
I wouldnt like it every week, but if only now and then why not? I take my DCs to McDonalds when I fancy a burger too grin

Firawla Wed 04-Nov-09 18:00:49

i agree it depends how often. if its not all the time but just now and then, yabu as dd is his daughter too so he does also get a say

ParanoidAtAllTimes Wed 04-Nov-09 18:01:18

It is vile but I guess once in a while won't hurt
How old is your DD?

mumblechum Wed 04-Nov-09 18:01:33

YABU if it's just an occasional "treat" (and your dd will see it as a treat whatever you think).

Obv. if it's 2 or 3 times a week, that's another matter.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:01:35

LOL, when he thinks he can get away with it. Today. I don't think he has taken her for a couple of weeks before that.

Would not mind so much if he brought me something back from marksies, but no, just a big yellow balloon and a plastic toy that has created an eyesore in my otherwise lovely tidy home.

[grr]

bigchris Wed 04-Nov-09 18:01:50

ok dont take offence but is yohr dh the one who gave you the silent treatment at the weekend and has been very pmtish with you?
if i'm right i would honestly let it go! at least he took interest in taking her somewhere smile

RainRainGoAway Wed 04-Nov-09 18:02:54

Is DD 3 9 months old. YANBU
Is DD 13 years old. YABU!! grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:03:20

I am talking about 'ever'. AIBU to not want DH to take DD to McDonalds. Ever. grin.

I am to be fair being a little tongue in cheek, but, I think of her poor little 3 year old tummy and how long it will take her body to process the concrete food he has just fed her sad.

MadameDefarge Wed 04-Nov-09 18:05:00

YABU about McDonalds once in a while

YANBU about the plastic gack that seems to grow exponentially and take over your home. grin

Marioandluigi Wed 04-Nov-09 18:05:24

Yawn!

MadameDefarge Wed 04-Nov-09 18:06:46

hmm

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:09:06

bigchris, I read him this thread! He knows I don't approve, and we are having a bit of a laugh about it luckily. But on the condition he knows I am being lighthearted but still don't like it. I guess i will accept it, but said only next time if he buys me something nice from the cake shop opposite grin

Usually he tried desperately hard to hide the evidence but somehow I find out. Normally by a tiny little weeny bit of straw wrapper in the car, or a salt sachet, or since I have been pregnant, the smell.

He now thinks he might take her every couple of weeks grin.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:10:12

He said 'its ok, i only bought her a little hamburger, not a happy meal'.

So where does the balloon and plastic crap come from then hmm.

forkhandles Wed 04-Nov-09 18:13:39

like in some way a hamburger is better than a happy meal - it's all shite loving the reasoning...

RainRainGoAway Wed 04-Nov-09 18:16:42

Aw - i Love the idea of Daddy and dd bonding over illicit crap food. Him furtively spooning sundae into her happy little head.

Its strangely touching!

ErikaMaye Wed 04-Nov-09 18:17:22

Pavlov NO why did you have to mention that place?! I now want a double cheese burger... blush grin

Marioandluigi Wed 04-Nov-09 18:27:20

I wasnt yawning at you MadameDefarge, just at the whole Mcdonalds debate again!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:27:58

Oh has there been a debate that I missed? Damn, hate to be unoriginal and all that grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 04-Nov-09 18:30:11

The thread came about from me tripping over a horrendous McDonalds Balloon, rather than a great desire to discuss the finer points of whether to, or not to take toddlers to fast food chains.

But if others wish to do so, <opens the gate> go right ahead {grin]

halfcut Wed 04-Nov-09 18:31:34

biscuit

MadameDefarge Wed 04-Nov-09 18:32:04

I admit it comes under the topics to be revived despite having flogged to death category (pace private v state schools etc)

but hey, always nice to have an old soap box wheeled out for general unreasonable shouty fights!

missingthepumpkin Wed 04-Nov-09 18:36:14

i should have name changed for this - a McD Fry was dd's first solid food. She chose it herself from the debris on the table in front of her. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now