Talk

Advanced search

to go out saturday night without dh but with other couples?

(16 Posts)
paranoidandroidwithabobcut Wed 04-Nov-09 16:58:18

dh working away again and we have had a night out aranged for months with other friends.

we are going to a event so cant change to another night, i was still expecting to go and dh said it had not even crossed his mind for me to canceljust because he is not there, we have known the other couples for years and he knows i will still have a good night and not feel left out.

so far today one "friend" has told me that she bets my dh will really be fuming about me going out alone and my mum who is babysitting has gone a bit hmm for me still wanting her over to babysit.

am i missing something? very occasionally i have a girls night out but we do usuually go out together but why should i have to cancel just because dh is not able to make it (and is totally fine about it) is it expected that i will have to try and shag one of my friends husband as i will be the only "single" one there?

MorrisZapp Wed 04-Nov-09 17:00:24

What nonsense. You can go out with who you like, especially as your DH says he would expect nothing less.

Are you supposed to be 'untouchable' in your husbands absence or something? Utterly weird.

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 04-Nov-09 17:01:52

I'm surprised other people have a problem with it - it's probably a reflection on your own friend's relationship if she thinks your DH would be "fuming".

YANBU

AnyFucker Wed 04-Nov-09 17:03:37

how strange

does your friend have a selfish, green-eyed dickwad for a partner ??

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 04-Nov-09 17:05:15

As usual AnyFucker, you put it so much more succinctly than me grin

AnyFucker Wed 04-Nov-09 17:06:25

I am just too lazy to type much, jamie wink

paranoidandroidwithabobcut Wed 04-Nov-09 17:07:42

yes anyfucker you could say that. she cant go shopping with us at weekends as he needs her there to make his toast at 11-30 hmm

thank god i am not the only one that thinks my friend/mum are being weird.

AnyFucker Wed 04-Nov-09 17:17:06

eww, paranoid, he sounds awful

are you serious ??

I would be very worried for her if she were my mate...

BLeedINGandLovingit Wed 04-Nov-09 17:23:35

YAsoNBU. This makes me laugh that anyone would even think that. Hell, DH and I have been known to go to different parties on a Saturday night because of conflicting events and no one bats an eye.

I cannot stand that idea that married couples have to do everything together and that if one can't go the other one must stay home. Pah.

FrayedKnot Wed 04-Nov-09 17:30:54

YANBU, friend is weird, or has a weird DP, by the sound of it.

IfYouCouldWouldYou Wed 04-Nov-09 17:50:29

you go and enjoy yourself. Normally when we go as couples it is usually the men sat together on one side and women on the other anyway. YANBU just hold your head high in the knowledge that neither you or DH is under the thumb!

DaftApeth Wed 04-Nov-09 18:07:15

YANBU

Now. Tell us more about the friend who has to make toast at 11.30. She sounds as though she has a much more more interesting relationship than your normal onegrin

AnyFucker Wed 04-Nov-09 18:43:34

interesting is not how I would describe it.....

paranoidandroidwithabobcut Wed 04-Nov-09 20:30:26

yes they do have a slightly bizarre relationship, she spends her time bargain hunting for the cheapest food/clothes for her and the dc while he swans about in a flash car with the best gear on.

it has been the topic of many conversations but she adores him and wont have a word said againsed him.

ConnieComplaint Wed 04-Nov-09 20:41:02

Is your friend my sister?

If it is then rest easily in the knowledge that my mum calls the prick 'cuntyballs' behind his back grin

PurplePoppy Wed 04-Nov-09 20:41:43

YAreallyreallyNBU
Why on earth should you not go out with your friends, whatever their gender? I can't imagine anyone (except your friend with the weirdo partner) would even give it a second thought. Maybe you misinterpreted your mums reaction because you were already feeling sensitive about what your friend had said?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now