Talk

Advanced search

To really, really want...

(13 Posts)
JeffVadar Wed 04-Nov-09 16:47:00

... The Tiger Who Came to Tea in a pack with a little tea set with the tiger's face on it?

I saw it in the bookshop window today, and it was only a huge effort of sheer willpower that stopped my going in and buying it blush

mrsflux Wed 04-Nov-09 16:53:31

i want one too now!

teameric Wed 04-Nov-09 16:56:01

me too!, that was one of my favourite books as a child, that and Where The Wild Things Are grin

paranoidandroidwithabobcut Wed 04-Nov-09 17:09:11

i bought it for dd last xmas grin

we have been through about 10 other tea sets since then though but she still loves the book, i cant even remember where i bought it. could have been asda.

paranoidandroidwithabobcut Wed 04-Nov-09 17:10:07

teameric are you going to go and see the "where the wild things are" film, i am in two minds incase its crap.

nickelbang Wed 04-Nov-09 17:23:02

see, that's why owning a bookshop is so cool.

i saw it and really wanted it and bought it for the shop grin

it's not cheating!

btw: it was available a few years ago and this is a re-issue. bought it for my niece at the time: the pots are ceramic so she couldn't play with it. sad

shockers Wed 04-Nov-09 17:26:57

Buy it!
I still have stuff like that from when I was a child... I'm 43 now. My books and toys are like old friends that I've introduced to my kids.( esp Where the Wild Things Are teameric!)

teameric Thu 05-Nov-09 10:45:16

Yes think I will go and see it paranoid!, I know what you mean though, like the new Fantastic Mr Fox film, I personally think that looks shite but the book was great.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 05-Nov-09 10:47:06

fab book

def go and buy it for you your dc

Sunshinemummy Thu 05-Nov-09 10:54:33

Oooh I want it too. Do you think it's bad buying it for DD even though DS already has the book?

mrsflux Fri 06-Nov-09 10:36:10

teameric - we went to see fantastic mr fox - i wasn't holding my breath as i LOVE the book but it was a night out without DS so we went.

the film was FAB! i was so surprised but it was really good and i got used to the odd style animation and actually thought it worked well - which i didn't expect having seen the trailer.

also i have a large crush on george clooney so maybe that helped blush

FimbleHobbs Fri 06-Nov-09 10:51:29

I saw that in the discounted book sales leaflet school sent home and really wanted it too, but in the end it didn't pass my test of 'will I get bored tidying all the bits up'. I think it might have been Red House books anyway if you want to save a few pounds.

JeffVadar Fri 06-Nov-09 14:33:31

Still feeling tempted. I did think I could perhaps buy it for future grandchildren!

(DS is 10 BTW hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now