Talk

Advanced search

is it an U idea?

(11 Posts)
crazylizzy Wed 04-Nov-09 10:07:49

DD's best friend is having a birthday party on Saturday, she is 4. They have an incredibly close relationship which spans back to them being 2. We live in different areas so they do not go to the same nursery. She comes over to play about once every two weeks or so and DD goes to hers. DD talks about her non stop, a mutual thing so I'm told by friends mum!

On the last play date, I took a photo of them dressed up as fairies, they both looked utterly adorable smile I was thinking for a birthday present, framing the picture in a nice friendship themed frame and giving it as a gift to DDs friend. DD keeps the photo under her pillow and wishes it good night every night (without fail!) grin

Do you think this is an ok? I know the whole photographs of children thing can be bit of a raw subject at times blush Am I being a wet rag and reading too much into this or is it crossing some sort of unspoken etiquette line?

RealityBites Wed 04-Nov-09 10:10:48

Message withdrawn

Vallhala Wed 04-Nov-09 10:11:14

I think its a lovely idea. How could anyone possibly object? (And if they do, please tell them where to put their OTT, PC ideas!).

addictedtomn Wed 04-Nov-09 10:11:41

i think that would be fine if your giving it to the other child in the photo, if there are more than 2 children (yours and hers) then i think i would ask the other parents.

(i personaly wouldnt have an issue with it and cant fully see what the problem is, but as you said photos + children = raw subject!)

womblemonster Wed 04-Nov-09 10:11:50

YABU to think it is U! It's a really nice idea.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 04-Nov-09 10:12:13

Well, my DD and DN are best of friends and see each other about as often as your DD and her friend. I too had a photo of them playing in the gardens as fairies which I got made up into a bigger picture on canvas. I gave this to my parents (both childrens grandparents) for Christmas last year, which they loved. I did check with my DN's parents first (my brother and SIL) and they were more than happy about it. Why don't you just ask the firends mum?

PS - Is a photo really something a 4yr old would want for a birthday present?

MrsVik Wed 04-Nov-09 10:12:13

Aww, that's adorable!

YANBU - it's a thoughtful gift.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 04-Nov-09 10:13:13

Ignore my PS - seems a photo is a good idea for a 4yr olds birthday present smile. Maybe I should have done one for my DD too.

paisleyleaf Wed 04-Nov-09 10:13:23

Sounds lovely to me.
You could even go one step further and photoshop them into faeryland.

Firawla Wed 04-Nov-09 11:49:24

i dont see anything wrong with it at all

borderslass Wed 04-Nov-09 11:58:34

That's a lovely idea my daughter who is now 14 still treasures photo's of her and her best friend when they were 2 she lives literally across the path and they are more like sisters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now