Talk

Advanced search

To want to crawl under my duvet & sleep for a VERY long time ??

(10 Posts)
ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 03-Nov-09 17:31:52

Recently had my ASD son's SN school placement turned down (he is currently in mainstream & really struggling). It was put back to panel with further evidence from the school & they have now offered him a place at a mainstream school with a SN unit.
The EP said right from the start that MS with a unit was not suitable for his needs, that he must have a specific ASD provision which appears to have been completely ignored.

This has absolutely devastated me as we now have to leave him in a school he's not happy in whilst we "gather further evidence" to submit back to panel to get him into an ASD specific school. Christ knows how long this will now take!

Also, DH's Dad is dying of lung cancer & really doesn't have long left. He lives about an hour and a half away from us and as DH works 6 days per week, we are trying to get to see him every Sunday.

On top of all this, I have a meeting at work tomorrow where redundancy is on the cards! We cannot afford to live without my salary & as DH is a good earner, we are not entitled to any help from the government. I may be able to claim jobseekers allowance whilst looking for work, but it won't be anywhere near enough to survive until I find a job.

So, AIBU for wanting to crawl under my duvet & sleep for a very long time?????

dexter73 Tue 03-Nov-09 17:45:58

I think I would be under the duvet if I was in your situation. Good luck with your interview and the schools thing.
I know it is very wearing visiting a dying relative, physically and mentally, so I am sorry to hear about your FIL.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 03-Nov-09 17:48:22

Thanks Dexter! At the moment DS1 (6 on Thurs & has ASD) is having a meltdown, making DS2 (14 mo) cry & I'm trying to hold my temper!! My duvet is calling me!!!

ItsAllaBitNoisy Tue 03-Nov-09 17:51:41

Grab your 2 DCs and get under your duvet on the sofa with them, turn on a kids TV channel. Good luck with everything.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 03-Nov-09 17:59:26

ItsAllaBitNoisy - Thanks for the suggestion, but DS1 is in the process of either screaming in my face or smacking me at the mo so don't think he'd want to get under the duvet with me, and we have Baby TV on already which has been on all afternoon!! (DS1 won't watch anything else!!) Tbh, I can't wait for them to go to bed so I can turn over & watch something I want to watch! grin

Butterfly99 Tue 03-Nov-09 22:15:39

Ah hugs, I came here from your other message. Sorry to hear things are so tough for you atm. I hope that your meeting goes well for you tomorrow.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Wed 04-Nov-09 11:37:56

Thanks Butterfly99. Just over an hour to go. My stomach is in knots!!

Butterfly99 Wed 04-Nov-09 18:16:46

How did your meeting go? Hope it went well.

porcamiseria Thu 05-Nov-09 09:53:23

It never rains but it pours eh? All I can say is HANG ON IN THERE as life has a funny way of turning things around. Its alot to be dealing with at the moment to be sure. try and take a step back and be very realistic about what can and cant be addressed.

There is nothing I can advise, as all these issues will resolve themselves at their own pace, all you can do is take one day at a time, and try to keep your head above water. good luck

ChunkyMonkeysMum Fri 06-Nov-09 14:02:54

Sorry it's taken me so long to come back to you all, but I had the meeting on Wednesday, then yesterday was DS1's 6th birthday so this is the first opportunity I've had! smile

The meeting was ok. It was to let me know that my job is "at risk" of becoming redundant. I have another meeting next week to discuss figures etc as it is definitely on the cards.

Thanks again everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now