Talk

Advanced search

to think that listening to your children giggling as the play together....

(26 Posts)
AnnieLobeseder Mon 02-Nov-09 19:54:21

... is the most beautiful sound in the world?

Especially if they're not even destroying anything while they're at it!

gingeme Mon 02-Nov-09 19:56:47

Yes it is smilea very satisfying sound too.

beaniesinjjsbreakfastagain Mon 02-Nov-09 19:57:09

YANBU!

dd and ds recently noticed playing together was more fun than alone (theyre 27mnths and 11mnths)

Its blooming beautiful, i could listen all day!

its even better when you catch them alone and watch without them knowing!

Hulababy Mon 02-Nov-09 19:57:51

I love to hear 7y DD playing and giggling, or singing in her room. She often can be heard chatting to herself as she plays and I love to listen in to the conversations her toys are having, or when she has a friend round the chat they have in their games.

Scary when you hear yourself in their games though!!!

gigglewitch Mon 02-Nov-09 20:00:37

I absolutely love it

I start going all mushy and saying "ahhh"

...that's why we have three of them - so that they can all play so beautifully, isn't it <blissful sigh>

THUMP
bang
wail
squawk

"muuuuummmmeeeeeeeee, he hit me"
grin

littleboyblue Mon 02-Nov-09 20:04:57

Ds1 (2.3yrs) was really making ds2 (9m) laugh in the bath. He was throwing water over him and shaking rubber ducks. I have never heard ds2 laugh that much (he is a crier). A little piece of my heart actually melted

moffat Mon 02-Nov-09 20:06:44

YANBU, sometimes I just look at them and think that this is as good as it gets.

Vallhala Mon 02-Nov-09 20:17:36

The most beautiful sound in the world? No, I'll leave that to Mahler, Beethoeven, Verdi, Dame Kiri.....

teameric Mon 02-Nov-09 20:19:41

grin at gigglewitch. And no YANBU it is the best sound in the world. love it smile

melpomene Mon 02-Nov-09 20:21:34

YANBU

AnnieLobeseder Mon 02-Nov-09 20:34:23

littleboyblue - it was my two in the bath that brought this on. I was watching them from the bedroom while I folded laundry, they didn't know could see them. DD1 (4yo) was squirting water over DD2 (20mo) and DD2 apparently thought this was the funniest thing in the world.

Ahhhhhh, they can be so lovely sometimes! smile

toddlerama Mon 02-Nov-09 20:41:28

YANBU. It makes the small age gap (which horrified me when DD2 hit about 6 weeks!) worth all the hassle to see the two of them 'bottom up' in the toy box wittering away to each other.

MillyR Mon 02-Nov-09 20:42:23

It is true. The best memories are of siblings playing and making each other happy. I used to read mine the Annie-Rose is my sister book to mine all the time, because I think it really captures sibling love.

I love the ending... She will always be my little sister, and I will always be her big brother, even when we are all grown up.

EdgarAllenPoo Mon 02-Nov-09 21:46:52

i love it when DD & DS have a giggle.

YANBU

it makes me remember how happy me & my sister & brothers were together.

then she bites him, of course..

beaniesinjjsbreakfastagain Mon 02-Nov-09 22:34:58

but dd (11mo) loves biting so much she giggles so sweetly after that ds calmly sayes silly baby, and i can place back on my rose tinted specs and gave adoringly at them!

moosemama Mon 02-Nov-09 22:52:57

Absolutely love it.

My favourite is when my dss (7 and 5 years) sit on the playmat with dd (9 months) and play with her. The look on her face is a picture, she adores them both and they are totally smitten with her. Ds2 has an incredible ability to get her to roar with laughter just by doing silly walks and faces.

The other thing I love is sneaking up to the boys' bedroom door and listening to them whispering to each other when they are supposed to be asleep. It really brings back memories of my sister and I when we shared a room and makes me feel all warm, as its one of the reasons she and I are so bonded.

llynnnn Tue 03-Nov-09 07:51:30

love it grin

dd1 is 3 and dd2 is only 4mnths, but already dd2 saves her best smiles for dd1 and they are so pleased to see each other in the morning!!

long may it continue before the rivalry starts!!!

girlsyearapart Tue 03-Nov-09 08:03:10

Yes yanbu it's lovely isn't it?

Makes all the day day to grind and squabbles worth it a thousand times over.. well maybe not a thousand. hmm

pigletmania Tue 03-Nov-09 12:54:22

YANBU music to my ears, i love hearing my dd 2.8years talking to herself and busy in playing makes my heart melt.

Miggsie Tue 03-Nov-09 12:56:26

I love it when DD and friend are whispering together, then start giggling, then go into the "you say it", "no, you say it!" loop.

I try to keep a straight face when they sidle up to me!

MmeGuisingt Tue 03-Nov-09 12:57:27

First time I heard DS laugh was when DD was jumping in front of him. He giggled and giggled.

Even now, at 5 and 7yo I love to hear them chattering and playing.

"Right, DS. I will be the mummy and you are the baby but you have to BEHAVE OR YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SWEETIES"

Elk Tue 03-Nov-09 12:58:40

Not at 5.30 a.m. which is the time it started this morning. dd1 and 2 were pretending to be eggs hatching and dd1 was the crocodile chasing dd2 round the bedroom. A lovely game, I wish it had started an hour and a half later.

DD is only 6 weeks but spends ages watching her big brother, he also calms her when she's crying Obviously we make a big fuss of that for DS's sake but it is true - he's her favourite person

Carmel206 Tue 03-Nov-09 13:01:01

I'm in work (on my lunch break!) makes me smile just to think of them having fun and laughing together. OP - you are right - the most beautiful sound in the world.
You've made me smile during an otherwise dreary day.....

AnnieLobeseder Tue 03-Nov-09 21:00:41

Back when DD2 was really tiny and didn't do much of anything, she saved all her smiles and giggles for DD1. It never occurred to me before I had 2 that the best bit would be watching them together.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now