Talk

Advanced search

To let my DS play against other wirelessly on his wii?

(6 Posts)
Marioandluigi Mon 02-Nov-09 16:32:04

My DS is 8 and loves playing Mario Kart on his Wii. Because he doesnt have any friends that are as mad about it as him, so sometimes he playes wirelessly against people. This could be anyone and its totally random. They dont know any details about him apart from the name of his character, which is his nickname and the fact they he is in the UK. There is no facility to chat or anything like that,a nd there is no pictures or any of his personal details.

So I thought it was quite harmless - but MIL said that I should be careful that no-one tries to groom him hmm

AIBU ?

AMumInScotland Mon 02-Nov-09 16:37:31

YANBU - if there is no way to chat, or for the other person to know anything about your DS, how could they possibly groom him?

If he progresses to other types of games, you will have to explain why he needs to be careful of his details online, but not with the scenario you describe.

halfcut Mon 02-Nov-09 16:40:33

Sounds fine to me
YANBU

Mutt Mon 02-Nov-09 16:41:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 02-Nov-09 22:36:34

YANBU. My DS has also done this. Looks like your MIL is trying to enter the digital world, but can't quite find the door ...

beaniesinjjsbreakfastagain Mon 02-Nov-09 22:39:22

YANBU

he is quite safe, dp is another addict and he checked how safe it was for my auntys little ones, Its safe!

I love it dp plays away and i get some peace!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now