Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that Sainsbury's are being spoilsports?

(6 Posts)
Chickenshavenolips Mon 02-Nov-09 12:30:41

Sainsbury's have a new advert on the telly at the moment, advertising their toy prices. Fine. Except, at the end, the voiceover says with a knowing tone 'The only problem is, where to hide them!' It drives me mad. Father Christmas is alive and well in this house, and the children love the build up to christmas. AIBU to think that Sainsbury's lack of tact is spoiling the magic a little?

mankymummymoo Mon 02-Nov-09 12:38:39

Not lack of tact, practical.

Parents, friends relatives may buy toys from Sainsburys and therefore have to hide them.

However, Santa buys from Toys For Good Kids in Elfland and so never watches adverts for toys.... wink

rach345 Mon 02-Nov-09 12:39:14

In my house Father Christmas is still alive too but kids know they do get pressies from mommy and daddy as well as Father christmas. but the ones from father christmas dont come till they are tucked in bed asleep..lol..

MrsTittleMouse Mon 02-Nov-09 12:46:11

Father Christmas would never bring all the presents in our house. I want my DDs to be grateful to the people who spent the money and took time and trouble! I reluctantly concede to the herd and my DDs get a small stocking of stuff from FC. But that's it!

Chickenshavenolips Mon 02-Nov-09 12:50:14

Ah, yes, I suppose everyone does the FC thing slightly differently. My DC's are allowed to ask for three things, and Santa ususally brings them (within reason), plus stockings and a couple of small gifts. Other gifts from family members come from the giver, and we get to take the credit for books, pyjamas and board games. So, you're right, I could explain it away. I just hate the idea that the DC's will get told about Santa via a sodding advert <grumble, moan>

zipzap Mon 02-Nov-09 13:23:51

Sometimes Santa has to shop at the Sainsbury's at Elfland too... grin And sometimes if he has been particularly busy or the elves are very busy, they ask nice mummies and daddies to help out a little bit or hide some things to make it a bit easier to fly the [otherwise very full despite the magic] sleigh...

Thing that annoyed me - they have had their toy half price week starting in the middle of half term - which means dragging ds1 along and trying to buy while he is not looking but - unusually - because it is so busy in the toy aisle he doesn't want to let go of mummy's hand... if only they did it a week later would have been so much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now