Talk

Advanced search

not to mop all the mud off the kitchen floor

(7 Posts)
Stayingscarygirl Mon 02-Nov-09 11:20:56

Thanks to the rain we have had recently, my back lawn is a quagmire, which means that every time the dog goes out for a wee, she tracks mud all through the utility room and kitchen - which have a lovely white (why??) tiled floor.

Usually she doesn't go out too often, so it's not a problem to catch her and wipe her paws, and wipe up after her, but at the moment she seems to have cystitis. She's trying to have a wee all the time, and is in and out of the garden constantly.

I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon, but am resigned to the fact that she's going to be in and out like a fiddler's elbow until we get her sorted out.

AIBU not to mop the kitchen floor all the time, but to leave it and do it tonight, and hope that by tomorrow she's feeling better and won't be out on the muddy lawn every two minutes??

Colonelcupcake Mon 02-Nov-09 12:20:10

YANBU But definatly do it tonight or it will be all over the house

frostyfingers Mon 02-Nov-09 12:47:26

Put some newspaper by the door - or a trail of it, and that should catch the worst of it.

Stayingscarygirl Mon 02-Nov-09 12:56:26

I'll try that with towels - if I put newspaper down, she'll shred it all over the house.

Stayingscarygirl Mon 02-Nov-09 22:20:30

Well - I've now mopped the floor, and when she goes out for a last wee before bedtime, I'll make sure that her paws are clean before she steps on my Nice Clean Floor!!

Vallhala Mon 02-Nov-09 22:30:44

Sod it, leave it til last thing, its not a crime and you're not Cruella. Its not as if you live like that permanently!

I too put towels on the floor when my 2 huge pawed dogs come in from the garden on wet days - it looks bloody awful but saves a lot of hard work.

Its worth working on a sit/stay command if your pooch hasn't already got that to a T too so that you can dry her feet a bit before she goes any further.

I hope the poor mite is better very soon.

Stayingscarygirl Tue 03-Nov-09 09:44:12

Thanks Vallhala - she's been to the vet, who's diagnosed cystitis, and she's had some steroids to make things more comfortable, and some antibiotics, so she should be on the road to recovery.

She's got huge paws too - she's a chocolate lab, and dh tells me that the paws are a good indication that she's going to be a big dog, when she's fully grown!

She is reasonably good at the sit command, and very good at the stay command when she's at puppy classes, but not so good at home - and she hates having her paws wiped, but she's learning that what I say, goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now