Talk

Advanced search

Trolls

(6 Posts)
Annabellea Mon 02-Nov-09 11:10:17

Halp! I don't know what Troll means...am I being unreasonable in asking someone to explain it to me?

Iklboo Mon 02-Nov-09 11:12:06

A troll is a MNer who posts untrue stories/requests/messages or deliberately inflammatory statements/opinions just to get a rise out of everyone

nicnacinoonoo Mon 02-Nov-09 11:13:50

its when people think that whats being said is made up and the person thats said them is not who they say they are and just messing about i think

elmotaughtddtousethepotty Mon 02-Nov-09 11:24:51

i've wondered that too.

Is it more about regular posters changing their name so they hide their opinions?

or is it more about people who just post rude / inflammatory / personal posts presumably to get a rise (but do it under the same name each time!)

or does it have to be both?

(and - does it matter?? which matters more?? why?)

would love to know. have read the MN official trolls info but not much the wiser.

PeachyInCarnivalFeathers Mon 02-Nov-09 11:52:20

It is someone who posts fibs either to set up a deliberately false character long term, or to start a row nline.

Sometimes it can be nbamechangers, other timespeople just pop over to do it.

Sometimes they are funny and harmless, other times it is peoplewith quite severe meantal health issues, mostly its somewhere in the middle.

There have been a few bad trolls on here over the years so people can be suspicious, some people have been taken for a big ride financially or emotionally.

Annabellea Mon 02-Nov-09 11:59:09

Thank you for all your kind answers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now