Talk

Advanced search

to be outraged at being asked to pay £3.50 for a catalogue when I just spend £££;£ at Fired earth?

(9 Posts)
champagnesupernova Sun 01-Nov-09 20:20:54

Drove 25 miles to a fired earth store today.
Walked in with noisy DS in his pushchair so got the attention of the woman behind till. Then took the tile out of my handbag to try and match it with the ones on display. There were no other customers as it was a small store.
She proceeded to ignore us.
Eventually, when she'd rung another customer, we explained would need 3 square metres of this which works out at £££££. We looked into delivery and also asked about the lacquer/resin used as they're porous tiles.. not glazed. She couldn't help us with this.
So, order them and also spend £17 quid (apparently refundable within 28 days but obv have to factor petrol in for 50 mile round trip hmm) on other samples for another part of the house.
Also bought a silicone lined e-cloth for cleaning my aga
So I was hardly passing through. You would think that they would give me the frigging catalogue for nowt wouldn't you?
Is it so much to chuck in a MARKETING item for free!!!?

CaptainUnderpants Sun 01-Nov-09 20:33:31

If you can afford to go to Fired Earth then you can afford £3.50 on catalogue grin

blametheparents Sun 01-Nov-09 20:35:00

I bloody hate Fired Earth, for just exactly the reasons you gave.

saltyseadog Sun 01-Nov-09 20:36:39

Just think - you'll be able to display it on your coffee table

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 01-Nov-09 20:36:44

oh i hate paying for catalogues.

NEXT do it too.

why the hell should i pay for them to advertise to me?

shockers Sun 01-Nov-09 20:37:53

The woman in the Lancaster shop always looks at me as if I've just crawled out from under a stone (that poor folk live under)

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 01-Nov-09 20:40:13

Being treated badly in a shop where the goods are inexpensive is bearable

being treated badly in a shop where the goods are expenseive results in me taking my money elsewhere

PeedOffWithNits Sun 01-Nov-09 20:51:29

whatever happened to customer service, I thought the more pricey places were better at it. Ha!

champagnesupernova Sun 01-Nov-09 21:03:38

I'm just annoyed because I wanted to look at the other things and not spend more ££ on samples that I probably won't end up taking back..
angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now