Talk

Advanced search

glad that half term is over?

(37 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Sun 01-Nov-09 19:41:53

I'm I unreasonable for breathing a sigh of relief at the thought of the kids going back to school tomorrow? I love them dearly but I am in severe need of my own space. Also my dh has just had a week off too and I think I must be a bit too used to my own space as they have driven me nuts.

deaddei Sun 01-Nov-09 19:49:45

YANBU.
Mine have been ill in rotation, and dh has hadmore time off. He's the one I hate being around- always asking grandly "what are our plans today?"
Err, going for a nice coffee and cake, and a little walk somewhere if we feel up to it- not a bloody expedition .
Or "is this what you do all day?"- when I'm ironing to This Morning.
Roll on tomorrow.

shockers Sun 01-Nov-09 19:51:14

Nope... I am too. We all need routine in this house!

bibbitybobbitycat Sun 01-Nov-09 19:51:35

Yanbu.

Phew!

I once had a horrific Monday after half term, or maybe it was a longer holiday, anyway, one of my dc was ill and had to have the day of school! I honestly could have wept ...

shockers Sun 01-Nov-09 19:52:29

And the dog broke his leg chasing a squirrel and DH did his back in....

PlumpkinScaryBaps Sun 01-Nov-09 19:54:51

Ds1 had an inset day (or something) on the Friday before half term.

And he's got one tomorrow too.

Sigh. I feel like half term will never end.......

bigchris Sun 01-Nov-09 19:56:55

i'm not looking forward to the wet walk to school but apart from that yes!!

choosyfloosy Sun 01-Nov-09 19:59:58

oooooohhhhh yanbu

respect to the parents of children in private school who have two full weeks of half term

a week and a day is more than enough

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 01-Nov-09 20:03:23

oh i wish mine was - sadly we have 2 teacher trg days and dd doesnt go back till wednesday - tom is my birthday and im a bt gutted i will spend it hollering at my two alone!

shockers Sun 01-Nov-09 20:06:17

Took my Ds out of private school at the end of last term... 8 weeks in summer and they have just changed the Christmas holidays to 4 weeks... yes, 4 weeks!

MaureenMLove Sun 01-Nov-09 20:06:21

I'm not so sure....

I work in a school, so I've got to get up tomorrow! I've had a lovely week off and the scary thought is, the next 6 weeks are going to fly and that means the next holiday is Christmas!!

Vallhala Sun 01-Nov-09 20:10:18

YANBU. I can't stand having no time to myself at all and resent having anyone with me 24/7. I for one will be very glad when tomorrow morning comes.

lisbey Sun 01-Nov-09 20:14:17

YABU - I have loved half-term, but I WOH (almost) full-time, so I won't get any time to myself tomorrow.

I've had the week off with 2 DSs and it's flown by. They don't go back until Tues and DH will be at home with them tomorrow - am very jealous.

Hulababy Sun 01-Nov-09 20:14:32

I work in school too so not as keen for the holidays to end. Me and DD return tomorrow. We have jut come back from a lovely sunny week in Majorca and would have been happy for it to continue!

shockers - DD has 4 weeks at Christmas too, 3 weeks at Easter ad 8 weeks int he summer. Only one week for each half term though.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 01-Nov-09 20:17:38

I'm not looking forward to getting up at 7.15am.

We've been sleeping really well and really late (and enjoying it!) so really don't want to drag my arse out of bed.

Also don't want to be yelling "Hurry up and ...." all morning

JANEITEluddite Sun 01-Nov-09 20:21:41

envy at four weeks for Christmas.

I am a teacher and really could do with another week off - I have to get up at 5.30 in the morning tomorrow.

It feels like we just had time to wind-down and relax and then have spent all weekend working / home-working ready for tomorrow.

And am even more jealous because dp doesn't go back until Tuesday.

bran Sun 01-Nov-09 20:27:27

DS has just had 2 weeks off and he's really keen to go back to school tomorrow. Apparently I don't play with him enough. grin

I do like the routine of the school week, especially now that DS goes on a school bus and I don't have to do a school run twice a day.

I still have DD at home with me all day, but she sleeps for 2 hours after lunch so it's still quite pleasant.

I wonder if anyone is going to come along and tell us that we shouldn't have had children if all we want to do is pack them off to school and not spend time with them. wink

shockers Sun 01-Nov-09 20:29:13

Hulababy that's the same as Ds's old school. The problem was that I work in a state school. Fortunately the head was very good about Ds coming to work with me!

pointyhat Sun 01-Nov-09 20:29:14

S'all relative so look on teh bright side. Norbert gets up at 7.15, I get up at 6.30 and jane gets up at 5.30.

pointyhat Sun 01-Nov-09 20:29:55

I'm tempted, bran wink

JANEITEluddite Sun 01-Nov-09 20:42:39

Pointy - am struggling to see the bright side of 5.30 tbh! grin

At least it's a one-off.

notanumber Sun 01-Nov-09 20:45:34

YABU.

But then, I am a teacher.

<<counts down days 'til Christmas break>>

NorbertDentressangle Sun 01-Nov-09 20:53:25

OK, maybe 7.15am isn't so bad after all.

(if I say it to myself often enough I might even believe it)

MitchyInge Sun 01-Nov-09 20:56:58

YABU

it's a bit depressing, 10yo should probably be in bed and I should probably have ironed schooliform and at least thought about packed lunch and started a PE kit and cello safari etc but she is happily taking the dog round a home-made show jumping course in the sitting room and I have to ruin it because of SCHOOL TOMORROW

school gets in the way of everything

biggirlsdontcry Sun 01-Nov-09 20:58:57

dd (3.10) had a tantrum at 5am this morning after asking me was she in pre-school today when i said no go back to bed all hell broke loose - so roll on tomorrow grin
not looking forward to getting up at 7am though .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now