Talk

Advanced search

to still get a giggle out of this ?

(12 Posts)
drlove8 Sun 01-Nov-09 11:56:57

Ex-H is a prize , he cancels arrangements to take our 3 kids (dd2,dd3 and ds2) the night before, lies constantly, is insults me and DH ,and has quit his job more times than i can remember so he can avoid the csa. He was abusive and controlling during our time together... getting divorced was the best thing i ever did.(apart from meeting current DH).
Once he insisted that we go on holiday and leave our pfb who was month old at the time with his mother. I didnt want to , but was bullied into it... i ended up paying for it too...hmm. the reasons i didnt want to go were i am terrified of flying,im a natural redhead- so burn very easily and i didnt want to leave my dd.
He booked Gran Canaria without me there- i had already told him i didnt want to go.
when we got there , we discovered to ex-h`s horror that Gran Canaria is teaming with cats! thousands of them.Infact the island is known for its large numbers of wild/ferral cats!
Ex-h is very allergic to cats! - his eyes go like jelly just being in the same room as a cat! He had the worst holiday ever ... could hardly leave the hotel room.... and i spent most of it in peace,by the pool .! Karma or what?
STILL HAS ME IN STITCHES WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT! and have taken to reminding ex-h about it when he gets insulting/difficult ! grin
am i just being mean? hmm

squashedfrogs Sun 01-Nov-09 12:00:25

Not in the slightest bit unreasonable - I've just had a giggle about it so it must have been priceless for you grin

VinegarTits Sun 01-Nov-09 12:05:36

grin not mean at all

I would go one step further and buy your dc a cat and make sure they are covered in cat hairs when they go to stay with him

I am severely allergic to cats too, so know how much agony he will be in just breathing in the dust particles from the hair on their clothes <evil>

drlove8 Sun 01-Nov-09 12:11:37

vinegar i did when we first seperated .... the cat saved me from the twat demanding to be allowed into my house...grin.
kids did love Bello the cat , and would cuddle him goodbye when they went to stay with ex.grin .
sadly Bello is no longer with us,sad one day he just disapeared ... i had notices in shops and contacted animal shelters and vets incase he was found..he never came home sad

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 01-Nov-09 15:49:25

I think your children would love it if they had another cat. They must miss Bello so much, how can you deprive them of that.Shame on yougrin!

PrincessFiorimonde Sun 01-Nov-09 15:54:32

Maybe exH put a contract out on Bello.

thumbscrewwitch Sun 01-Nov-09 15:57:35

not mean at all - I remember the year after my ex-fiancé had fecked off finding out that he had just had his varicose veins stripped and pmsl. (He wasn't that old, btw)

Serves the git right.grin

BalloonSlayer Sun 01-Nov-09 18:03:00

Snigger.

Why not encourage the DCs to buy him a cat-related Christmas present?

I was trying to find a website with examples but found this instead, and couldn't resist linking to it.

BalloonSlayer Sun 01-Nov-09 18:06:48

And AIBU to be surprised at how few of them are called Adolf? And to think that if your cat is called "Charlie Chaplin" it should be disqualified?

mummyloveslucy Sun 01-Nov-09 18:14:01

That is funny, serves him right. grin

BalloonSlayer Sun 01-Nov-09 21:40:44

This has reminded me of something I still get a quiet giggle out of.

We were in Rome. Lots of walking, lots of getting lost.

At some point my (beloved) DH got ratty and started being really cantankerous with me. I can't remember what he said but it was totally uncalled for.

I was about to lash out big time when:

a pigeon shat right on his head.

God it was hilarious. Even better for me being totally unable to let on how funny I thought it was. You know when your knees go all weak trying not to laugh.

10 years on and am still . . . heh heh heh heh heeeehhhhhh

drlove8 Mon 09-Nov-09 23:33:08

grin i just love the kitler site ! pmsl !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now