Talk

Advanced search

To remove all the sodding plastic high heels in Dds dressing up box?

(18 Posts)
Bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 31-Oct-09 20:27:08

I really hate her tottering around in pink plastic mules they may only be an inch or so high but they cannot be good for her feet. Dd loves them so I know there will floods of tears!

The box was given to us by my lovely mil who dotes on her gc She went mad on eBay and at car boot sales this summer and I could open up a fancy dress shop now! So I didn't buy the shoes but I will feel guilty if I bin them and dd so loves dressing up I am very grateful that she has plenty to dress up in.

Still I should remove them shouldn't I? For the sake of her poor (G/H) wide feet?

CarGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 20:38:32

no it's a rites of passage, she'll only totter around in your heels instead.

Bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 31-Oct-09 20:49:29

I don't wear heels a consequence of being taller than dh.

Don't you think it is bad for her feet though car girl? She is very happy tottering around but also lethal treading on my toes and slipping on the tiled kitchen floor!

CarGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 20:50:54

I have 4 dds, being dressed in "normal" clothes is the rarity......

Morloth Sat 31-Oct-09 20:51:45

A rite of passage? Not heard that one before.

I wouldn't chuck the ones she has/knows about, cause it isn't worth the tears just don't buy any new ones and run interference between MIL and DD from now on.

Restrainedrabbit Sat 31-Oct-09 20:51:59

I wouldn't, does she really wear them often enough to affect her feet? Let her enjoy them

CarGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 20:53:57

"rite of passage" to enjoy the toys etc that they really love whatever it may be you, they're only little for such a short time........

Morloth Sat 31-Oct-09 20:54:59

Oh I thought you meant all little girls play with high heels.

CarGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 21:00:00

fortunately only one of mine is obsessed with them, the 3 others mildly interested.

We did have a friend's dd who lived & breathed in her Snow White outfit until she went to school....

Fabster Sat 31-Oct-09 21:06:37

YANBU

If you don't want her to wear them, bin them.

If you don't want her to wear yours, say no.

Bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 31-Oct-09 21:29:41

I am conflicted - part of me wants to let play but I really hate the sight of 3 yo's in heels.

I should have stopped it before it started.

I don't do heels and have never really seen the attraction I certainly can't walk in them for long. But if I ban them it might make them more attractive.

CarGirl Sat 31-Oct-09 21:31:13

you can have rules, like "not on the tiled floor", "not on the stairs".

Look out for some slipper style dress up shoes and slowly substitute.....

Fabster Sat 31-Oct-09 21:36:41

It doesn't matter if it makes them more attractive. It isn't as if she can buy them herself.

Vivia Sun 01-Nov-09 13:31:29

YANBU but I would say, at least your DD is just tottering around indoors and using them for the correct dress-up purpose. Media Doll Suri Cruise, bless her, actually wears heels as her regular shoes. That's damaging. I don't like little ones in heels and I do agree with you that it's not good for little feet, but at supervised, indoor playtime it's not so much of a worry.

Vivia Sun 01-Nov-09 13:32:08

D'oh - Suri Cruise is jut 3 btw

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sun 01-Nov-09 14:30:13

I loved those shoes when I was that age so does dd.
I would let it go and let her play and enjoy them tbh.
She isn't the little girl in dd's class at school who wore high heels as her school shoes firs day of term.

She won't wear them long enough to damage her feet just let her enjoy them they get broken and fall apart quick enough anyway just don't let them be replaced.

HarrumphingAndBosomAdjusting Sun 01-Nov-09 14:43:32

She'd have to be wearing them as 'everyday' shoes for them to actually damage her feet. Just tottering around in them won't do her any harm. I think it's one of those things where occasionally allowing the non-healthy choice is fine- you wouldn't give DC's Wotsits at every meal, but once in a while is fine.
I think she's jsut been a little girl to be honest, and if she enjoys it where's the harm? She'll get bored/destroy them/lose them/ find another, mad use for them fairly soon so jsut hang on til then and then don't replace them.

tassisssss Sun 01-Nov-09 14:47:47

Nah, you have to leave them! My girls adore these and the little one's on 16 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now