Talk

Advanced search

to use Hallowe'en to market my business?

(18 Posts)
homicidalmummymaniac Sat 31-Oct-09 12:05:35

Given all the commericalistation that goes with Hallowe'en already, would I be unreasonable to put my childminding buiness card in the treat bags for the children that come to the door?
They are my target maket after all?grin And would hope that when they get home their parents would look through all the stuff they've been given.
Opinions?

Happy Hallowe'en! smile

dilemma456 Sat 31-Oct-09 12:18:21

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Sat 31-Oct-09 12:18:30

Hell no, YABU! Take every chance you get. I think it's a brilliant idea! Why shouldn't you get something out of it.

Firawla Sat 31-Oct-09 12:20:29

yabu it's worth a try atleast, i don't think you have anything to lose by it.

pointyhat Sat 31-Oct-09 12:30:41

Lateral thinking, good idea.

busybutterfly Sat 31-Oct-09 12:33:46

I'd think it was a bit weird tbh. hmm

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Sat 31-Oct-09 12:36:19

Go for it!

As long as your business name isn't homicidalmummymaniac because if it is you may want to rethink...wink

bigstripeytiger Sat 31-Oct-09 12:44:41

It would put me off. It seems like a strange marketing strategy. Have you got posters up in your local library, cafes etc? That would be more the place that I would expect a childminder to advertise, rather than in a bag of sweets.

TombliBOOOOOObs Sat 31-Oct-09 12:45:59

Agree with pumpkins grin

Would love to see your logo though if that is your business name!

lovechoc Sat 31-Oct-09 12:52:29

I'm not a fan of Guising tbh, but each to their own.

pointyhat Sat 31-Oct-09 13:01:16

There are a lot of people on mn who like to claim their dislike of halloween at every available opportunity.

littleducks Sat 31-Oct-09 13:03:35

perhaps it would be better to get some king of sign for near the front dooor stating your a childminder, then when you open the door make sure view of house behind you is of a lovely house with toys and that you come across as great with kids, seems less pushy then?

pointyhat Sat 31-Oct-09 13:05:45

I don't think it's pushy, though. People will only contact a cm when they need one. If I was looking for childcare and I came across a business card, I would contact them because I needed childcare. It's not something you are persuaded to do because you quite fancy it.

crankytwanky Sat 31-Oct-09 13:09:43

I think it's a good idea! If my children showed me a childminder's card, I'd think they were tryingto tell me something! grin

FWIW, I heart halloween.

wingandprayer Sat 31-Oct-09 13:11:32

YANBU. Sticking your card in the bag along with the sweets is certainly no more cheeky than knocking on a stranger's door and asking for sweets in first place.

Think is a brilliant idea actually.

starkadder Sat 31-Oct-09 14:05:00

YANBU, great idea.

Lilyloooohhhh Sat 31-Oct-09 14:10:50

Why dielmma if they let kids trick or treat are they likely to leave their kids on their own hmm

Good idea they can only throw them away if they not interested!
Maybe make up little sweet bags with card in rather than giving them a card ?

Lilyloooohhhh Sat 31-Oct-09 14:11:19

'dilemma' sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now