Talk

Advanced search

Just found out 2 days ago that my DSD's mum is expecting a boy!!

(25 Posts)
bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 21:38:25

and i feel sooo miffed!!

ive got 2 gorgeous darling girls who just turned 1 and 5.

Please knock it into my head that i dont want more kids!!!! as dp doesnt and im happy with 2 girls (or am i as i did wanted a boy???).

i was ok till i heard my stepdaughter's mum is having a boy (she already got another dd too so this is her 3rd child).

am i in denial?????

please tell me im selfish!!

arrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhh

thisisyesterday Fri 30-Oct-09 21:50:24

awwww i LOVE this post!!!!

there seem to be so many posts of people moaning that they're having a boy, or saying how much they wanted a girl. it's so nice to see someone who wants a little boy.

no, you arne't being unreasonable! yes, you should have another one lol
(but only if you are ok with the idea that it might be another girl)

boys rock

sillysalley Fri 30-Oct-09 21:53:03

I second that! Boys do rock! If I had another Id prefer another DS.

heartmoonshadow Fri 30-Oct-09 21:56:58

Hi,

I don't think you are being unreasonable after all you love your little ones, just would have liked a boy as well.

I have a little boy - he is and will remain my one and only due to fertility issues - and I would not exchange him for the world. He is a lovely placid and happy little chap who hasn't a care in the world - but then he is only 4 months old!

madwomanintheattic Fri 30-Oct-09 21:57:40

lol, my sis and the xp gave birth to boys within days of each other. the dss's were vair confused by life. 'i've got two new baby brothers!' 'twins! how lovely!' 'er, no. two different babies, one from mummy, one from daddy...'

think pink grin

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 21:58:18

as ive also kept the clothes too and the gliding crib.....does that mean im not ready to stop at 2 as i think ill see how it goes and may stop at 2 or would i would've of gave/sell it by now??

Ive told my friends that no more babies

am i fooling myself??

thisisyesterday Fri 30-Oct-09 22:00:00

ahh yeh i reckon you def want another if you've kept all the stuff too.

i didn't sell anything after the first 2, but now i have ds3 it's all going on ebay faster than you can say "baby"

reservejudgement Fri 30-Oct-09 22:04:09

I think I may be putting ds3 and ds4 themselves on ebay if you're interested?grin

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 22:05:35

hahahahaha!

i can imagine. It just ive only got a brother and it seems to be good but Dp DID say that we prob ended up with 3 knowing me!

yes both pgs were a surprise and i knew that dd21 was a girl all the way long.

dammit!

control yourself girl!

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 22:07:22

reserve - grin grin

thats funny!

Heated Fri 30-Oct-09 22:07:29

Do you think you would feel the same pangs if it was a gf or relative having a baby boy?

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 22:10:59

heated - i dont know as a few of my friends all had girls so i feel safe! if you know what i mean? but would love a boy but would love to stop at 2 as well.

Heated Fri 30-Oct-09 22:28:22

How would you feel if the future third was a girl? That will tell you your answer.

Ime the best thing to do is to wait. The feelings will either subside or in a few years you might change your mind and want a 3rd (of either sex).

But I understand. My brother has pangs for a boy but doesn't want more than the two girls he has.

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 22:28:23

if i did have a boy then i would've of settled with 2..

i am being selfish arent i?

Heated Fri 30-Oct-09 22:34:56

No, not at all! Have listened to friends who've had the same feelings - one with 4 boys, the other with 5, both who wanted a girl.

bigsquirtybloodylips Fri 30-Oct-09 23:05:14

ill see how i feel in a couple months time

will it stay the same though? grin

alicet Fri 30-Oct-09 23:10:51

I have 2 ds's. We actually tried to influence ds2 into being a girl by using Hazel Chesterton-whatsits timings method. However approaching the 20 week scan I begain to think how lovely it would be to have 2 boys esp as there is only a 20 month age gap. And I was delighted to find out he was (is!!) a little boy.

A part of me occasionally has a pang for the dd who will never be but this is more for the adult relationship than for the here and now. And despite this funnily enough if we were to had a 3rd (pigs might fly...grin) I would probably prefer a ds!!!

Agree with poster who said how refreshing it is to see someone wanting a ds as I get fed up with friends moaning about how much they want girls - kind of like they think my 2 aren't worth it sadangry. Know this isn't really what they think but you know what I mean!

So YANBU and boys are fab but you should only go for no 3 if you would be happy with another little girl

essanel Fri 30-Oct-09 23:13:19

I'm very lucky and have one of each flavour grin so i don't have any what ifs....... but i think if we had another girl second time we probably would have had 3!!!! (although having ds and the stuff he gets up makes me think if he was first.... he would have been an only child! smile

ConnieComplaint Fri 30-Oct-09 23:20:12

I have one of each - and although there are no plans to have a third, if it were to happen I would adore another boy.

Ds (almost 5) is a total dream child, he's a real wee darlin'. DD (almost 8) is a lovely wee girl too, not just because I'm her mam, but she's kind, gentle, loving - all the same as DS, but he just always seems to smell better...... grin

jellybeans Sat 31-Oct-09 00:03:51

I agree, it is so refreshing to see someone wanting a ds !! I have friends with 2 or more boys who were desperate for DDs and 'devastated' at the thought of more boys!!I also hear the opposite (desperate for boys) from male friends. I try to understand but coming from the point of view having had 2 stillbirths and 2 m/c it's hard.

busybutterfly Sat 31-Oct-09 12:07:57

I have to second those who say how would you feel if it was another girl - I used to be a Bounty lady and met a mum with 5 boys who had desperately wanted a girl. Sooo - if you're going to be happy with DC3 whatever sex go for it!

thisisyesterday - am exactly the same, kept all clothes/toys etc but now we've had DC3 I'm getting rid of everything too, definitely no more for us (due to age/previous complications/house too full/would need new car etc etc!!!) grin

ray81 Sat 31-Oct-09 12:46:40

I am 15 weeks and i want a BOY, i already have a girl but it has taken us 5 yrs and 4 mcs to get here and i would love a boy. Dont get me wrong i would be very happy with another girl but would prefer a boy.

I think if you would be happy whatever the sex then go for it if not wait for a while to see if the feelings pass if not then go for it then.

GypsyMoth Sat 31-Oct-09 12:50:12

i have 2 girls and 3 boys and i'd still like another.....any kind.....just a baby!!

i feel cheated!! i have had 5 babies...and they dare to grow up!

bigsquirtybloodylips Mon 02-Nov-09 21:56:37

tell me about it as they grow up tooooo quick!! wink

Lemonylemon Tue 03-Nov-09 11:32:33

I've got 1 DS and 1 DD. I had DS 12 years ago and was absolutely convinced that I was having another boy. I was very, very happy about it too. Imagine my shock when my DD sailed past my head on her way to be weighed etc..... She is absolutely gorgeous, though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now