Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed that dh is having a nap?

(13 Posts)
PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:23:51

He is tired (i am tired)
He had a job interview today (i am 37.4wks pg)
He slept very badly (I woke at 4am, up by 5am, he got up at 7:15am)
He has done lots today, cleaned front room, kitchen, had job interview (i have looked after DD)

I tried to nap when we came back from town, as I dropped him off for interview and went to do some shopping with DD. But he and DD were too noisy, playing noisy toys, DH calling DD right outside the bedroom door. So I just lazed.

He then came in at 3:30pm 'can I have a nap?' well I am not going to say No am I? hmm well I did actually but he laughed, did not take me seriously. He wants a nap as a friend is coming over tonight and they will x-box til late, on the assumption I will crash early, and he wants to be able to stay up for it hmm.

No reason why he should not have a nap really. Apart from there being loads to do which I just cannot do. He said he has done lots already, which he has, not like he has been just sat in front of the computer all afternoon or drinking tea with said friend. It can't be helped that he can sleep through noise and I can't.

So why am I so annoyed? I just feel like very time I get so tired I need a nap. So does he.

Grr at hormones making me irrational.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:24:51

Really i know i am being childish. I feel fuming like 'i can;t have a sleep so why should you?' which is childish isn't it hmm grin.

I shall go move some of DDs things up to her new room.

BalloonSlayer Fri 30-Oct-09 16:29:44

Hoover outside the bedroom door?

grin

At least he isn't napping on the sofa. DH used to do this when DS1 was having his lunchtime sleep upstairs. There'd be me, who can't sleep in the day (unnatural practice!) bored stiff but unable to do anything in case I woke either of them. I must have been mad!!

Things I should have done #534

I should have started learning the trombone when DH went through his napping with DS stage.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:32:15

He would sleep through an earthquake. And he has his ipod audio book on so he hears nothing. I guess that is what infuriates me so much, that he can sleep through it all.

I just thought 'you know I can't sleep through noise, can't you take DD out for an hour?', he would be like 'would not have been able to tidy then' but I do not care. I just want to sleep.

OrmIrian Fri 30-Oct-09 16:32:24

Hmmm.... you are a bit. You know you are.... wink

BalloonSlayer Fri 30-Oct-09 16:48:07

Might a "false alarm" be an appropriate course of action in this situation*?

A bit of loud mooing and panting will soon get the bugger up.

*Situation being: severe nose-out-of-jointness caused by nap inequality.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:50:42

No. he is used to my moaning and wingeing this pg blush I had what I thought was a contraction a few days ago and called to him 'what?' he shouted back 'i am busy can't it wait? you are not going to give birth right now are you?' he thinks I am going to be late, so any suggestion of imminence is met with 'yeah whatever'.

hmm

I might shout really loudly 'DH! DH! Quick!!!!!!!' and then say when he rushes out 'we are out of bread' grin

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 30-Oct-09 16:51:05

I had similar on Saturday except my DH had done nothing virtuous, he was just tired because he had stayed up late drinking and watching telly so took himself off for a nap while his pregnant DW looked after his DD.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:52:05

Anyway, he is going to be grumpy as when he wakes up, as he has not heard from the job interview and they said he would hear today. So probably best I let him just have the lie in and wake up when he wants.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 16:52:53

ghoulsarealoud [grrr] for you. What did you do? kick him out of bed just as he reached REM sleep?

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 30-Oct-09 17:30:23

I woke him up after 25 minutes then went and napped for an hour grin

Jamieandhismagictorch Fri 30-Oct-09 18:35:27

Pavlov You have found an unreasonable kindred spirit here ......

My DH is able to nap whenever he feels like it. I never could, even when DCs were tiny. You know when they say "you sleep when they sleep " ?, I never could. He has always slept better at night than me, too, whereas ever since my first pregnancy I wake really easily at any noise

We used to really get stuck into "but I'm more tired than you" competitions and he could never understand my resentment.

Now the DCs are older, I don't mind so much

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 18:42:25

jamies <waves> at kindred spirit grin.

He slept for almost 2 hours shock. But then, he did just cook tea so I guess I can't complain any more.

DD is exhausted, so we are going to do bed in a moment. I might sneak in with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now