Talk

Advanced search

To have sent dcs to their rooms before I flip?

(13 Posts)
deaddei Fri 30-Oct-09 15:48:46

Left them alone for an hour while I nipped to the shops- they're 13 and 10.
Came back to find dd locked out of house by brother- she'd been out for 40 mins, and ds shouting (very childish) abuse at her- "I'm inside and you're not- I'm going to eat all the biscuits" IYSWIM.
Basically she'd been tormenting him and nipped out to get her scooter- he then shut the door on her.
They have been unwell all week, and probably are fed up (not as much as me!) but I just sent them to their rooms to think about behaviour.
Now I have had a cup of tea, and feel calmer.
Should I let them watch Coraline as I promised?

belgo Fri 30-Oct-09 15:51:41

Well done for not flipping because I would have done!

Do you have Coraline on DVD or is it on TV? Because I want to watch it too.

Pinkjenny Fri 30-Oct-09 15:53:41

Come on, deaddei, be honest, you just wanted to have some private time to think about Simon and his hairy chest.

deaddei Fri 30-Oct-09 15:53:59

DVD.
I want to watch it!
I did get a bit (well a lot) shouty- about ungrateful children, can't be trusted and what will the neighbours think. (sounding like my mother there)
But didn't get the wooden spoon out wink

SecretNinjaChipmunk Fri 30-Oct-09 15:56:23

tell them you are going to watch it when they've gone to bed!

deaddei Fri 30-Oct-09 15:58:17

I was going to make them pay for it out of their pocketmoney.
Pinkjenny, I just can see those neon teeth....

Pinkjenny Fri 30-Oct-09 15:58:56

Remember the Friends episode where Ross gets his teeth whitened and they glow in the dark, I bet Simon's do that.

deaddei Fri 30-Oct-09 15:59:39

At a very low level.

Pinkjenny Fri 30-Oct-09 16:00:57

grin Think about his money, deaddei! Do it for all of us!

posieparker Fri 30-Oct-09 16:01:58

Ah hem, just coming over to judge OP leaving her children alone!!winkgrin

Judgey McJudge

crazylizzy Fri 30-Oct-09 18:11:51

YANBU, you've sent them to their room, maybe let them watch the DVD after their time out session.

When I was 10 my mum went for a haircut and left me and my sister home alone. We filled our supersoakers with ketchup and had a ketchup fight. Man were we punished grin

Jamieandhismagictorch Fri 30-Oct-09 18:15:53

Ha Ha, reminds me of when I was about 11, brother about 14. We had an argument about Ian Botham hmm, which culminated in him locking me in my room. Mum due in from work and the key wouldn't work from the outside, so brother used a hammer to "push" the key under gap under the door. Mother none the wiser, though door was a bit damaged.

deaddei Fri 30-Oct-09 20:08:46

Well let them watch Coraline after they'd been there an hour. Nice tidy bedrooms now!
Film very bizarre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now