Talk

Advanced search

to think that my MIL could have at least pretended to like DS#2's Dracula costume

(7 Posts)
OrmIrian Thu 29-Oct-09 20:11:08

when they visited her today?

Instead of saying 'oh I'm afraid I don't like that!' as he walked in the door. With a look on her face as if DS#2 had offered her a fresh dog turd.

She is a born-again Christian and lost her sense of tolerance and humour at the same time she found Jesus hmm

He was so chuffed with it he has been wearing it since yesterday morning. Thankfully he couldn't give a stuff but even so...

ANd DH had taken the DC over there so he could fix her bloody shed roof too. Talk about ungrateful <tsk>

Good thing she didn't see the upside-down crucifix and the trussed up chicken ready for the Black Mass in the boot of the car.... wink

PeedOffWithNits Thu 29-Oct-09 20:16:27

YES, SHE SHOULD HAVE PRETENDED SHE LIKED IT, SAID "OOOH YOU'RE SCARY" OR SOMETHING, OR SAID, "WHERE'S X I CAN'T SEE HIM HAVE YOU SEEN HIM DRACULA?"

AND I DON'T DO HALLOWEEN AND AM A CHRISTIAN, AT LEAST HE WAS NOT BOTHERED BY HER HURTFUL REMARK

(whoops blush capslock again)

OrmIrian Thu 29-Oct-09 20:17:37

grin

I thought that you felt very strongly!

PeedOffWithNits Thu 29-Oct-09 20:18:52

grin

ConnieComplaint Thu 29-Oct-09 20:25:49

LMAO @ "lost her sense of tolerance and humour at the same time she found Jesus"

I have yo say though, DH's sister & BIL are Christians & they'd never be like that - good job too as DS is dracula this year too!!

OrmIrian Thu 29-Oct-09 20:26:54

As a Christian then peedoff, can you explain why a childs costume could upset you? Unless you beleive in the existence of vampires. Which I am sure she doesn't.

OrmIrian Thu 29-Oct-09 20:28:21

Sorry peedoff, didn't mean to pick on you or assume that you would object, but I don't understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now