Talk

Advanced search

to have just shouted "kids bedtime" super loud in hope of stopping new neighbours drilling?

(11 Posts)
littleducks Thu 29-Oct-09 18:57:11

Bedtime was really 30 min ago but havent bothyered putting PJs on etc as was waiting for drilling to stop, but it is still ongoing. Walls are very thin here, as new neighbours are prob starting to realise!

ZZZenAgain Thu 29-Oct-09 18:58:39

do you think they heard you over the drilling?

Conundrumish Thu 29-Oct-09 18:58:39

No grin

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 29-Oct-09 18:58:46

I'd go around and ask them nicely to stop. Are they friendly?

violethill Thu 29-Oct-09 19:01:49

It's not that late though is it? I mean, if they've been out at work all day, they've only got evenings for DIY?

I'd think you had a point if it was a lot later, but 7 pm is free time for many people!!

echt Thu 29-Oct-09 19:07:25

YANBU, and I don't buy the argument that it's their free time. If it was workmen drilling, you've have cause for complaint. Same thing here; it's still noise. They just have to fit their noisy DIY at some other time.

SixtyFootGhoul Thu 29-Oct-09 19:09:44

Its not that late.
And if it is a one off I would let it go.
If they are new neighours they are prob putting up new shelves., etc
YABU and un-neighbourly

Tiredmumno1 Thu 29-Oct-09 19:10:00

any noise like that by law is suppose to stop at 6pm on weekdays, 12pm on saturdays, and no noise at all on sundays. (council law)

littleducks Thu 29-Oct-09 19:28:44

i def wouldnt go so far as to go round and knock, i wouldnt actually ask them to stop was just hinting.........

there did seem to be a pause after i said it, then drilling again, so i read dd 'The Velveteen Rabbit' and it appears to have stopped grin

littleducks Thu 29-Oct-09 21:17:39

oops i just realised you may have thought i shouted at the neighbours

i shouted (needlessly) at dcs 'bedtime' knowing neighbours would overhear

does that make me more reasonable?

to be fair have been up since 2am with ds so my syntax is lacking

GrimmaTheNome Thu 29-Oct-09 21:21:34

I think as a way of conveying 'the walls are thin and we have little kids' YANBU at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now