Talk

Advanced search

To think you don't have people round for a BBQ when you are being treated for worms?

(12 Posts)
MikeStand Thu 29-Oct-09 18:25:50

Our family was invited around to another families for a BBQ. After dessert had been served beautifully made by daughter, The host (no pun intended) family proceeded to take their worm treatment. I left feeling rather sick. They blame the worms on nailbiting DD (11 years old). This is not the first time they have had them. Should you be entertaining when you have worms or am I being a wimp? Also one of my children eats regularly at this house. They are lovely but this is a bit gross.

morningpaper Thu 29-Oct-09 18:27:03

worms are usually only a one-dose treatment so this doesn't make a lot of sense TBH

violethill Thu 29-Oct-09 18:28:10

Is this is a windup?

They seriously sat there and passed around the worming tablets?

Did they offer your family a dose?

MikeStand Thu 29-Oct-09 18:30:12

Not a wind up. Happened this summer and I was reminded of it by the nit threads.

morningpaper Thu 29-Oct-09 18:31:35

Did they hand round the antibiotics and bang on about their chlamydia over pudding?

morningpaper Thu 29-Oct-09 18:32:34

I don't understand why this would happen, because you find the wormies, go and buy the stuff and then take it when you get in the house

then burn the house

I can't imagine you would have the medicine sitting there and not think about it until you've got your friends sitting around the table

TspookyChasm Thu 29-Oct-09 18:36:29

They handed round worm tablets in front of everyone???shock That is priceless!grin

Love the 'host' reference too btw!

PeedOffWithNits Thu 29-Oct-09 18:49:15

worm meds are usually 2 doses, two weeks apart, the second dose kills any eggs that have hatched since last time and at that stage the worms are not mature enough to be laying eggs themselves. so 2 doses and you are completely clear - assuming in this time that handwashing etc has been fastidious so no more eggs have been swallowed. So assuming it was the second dose, they should have not been a health risk to guests. Them taking the meds in front of you was very odd though. unless maybe this was their way of breaking it to you that you need to check your DCs (and if they have been playing/eating regularly there, you do need to check I am afraid)

AnyGhoulKno Sat 31-Oct-09 13:41:33

blee

ImSoNotTelling Sat 31-Oct-09 13:55:11

Oh ROFL.
They are surely being unreasonable for telling you!

I think they enjoy playing elaborate practical jokes and were ROFFLING the moment you left the house.

famishedass Sat 31-Oct-09 14:21:47

Another one here who thinks you've been had.

Disenchanted3 Sat 31-Oct-09 14:23:15

<<vomits>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now