Talk

Advanced search

Or is my mate's bloke a smug prick?

(7 Posts)
poshsinglemum Thu 29-Oct-09 17:15:39

Comments I've had from him in the past:

''You really should settle down sometime.'' This is despite two of HIS mates messing me around. I was open to settling down - they weren't.

''You really shouldn't wait until you are 40 until you have another child.'' This is despite me being single, really wanting another but not in a position to as am single whereas he can have another one any time he wants.

''How old is your dd's dad? Oh he's older then you is he?'' This is due to the fact that I went through a phase of dating studs who were younger than me. As it happens dd's dad is one year older than me!

Is he threatened by me do you think? Why is my love life any of his business?

I love my mate and mabe I'm jealous of their relationship but is made worse by his smug, unwanted comments.

lilacclaire Thu 29-Oct-09 17:19:40

Ugh, sounds like he's trying to fix your life by giving you advice that your simple woman brain cannot work out for itself.
A woman needs a smug prick to tell her what she needs hmm as we're too daft to work it out for ourselves, didn't you know that !

poshsinglemum Thu 29-Oct-09 17:21:37

Of course! I forgot I needed someone to lecture me about the facts of life!

lilacclaire Thu 29-Oct-09 17:25:16

As long as you know now.
Just nod like an obediant dog and say 'oh yes why didn't I think of that, thank you so much'

(im very anti men at the moment)

KimiTheThreadSlayingAxeKiller Thu 29-Oct-09 17:29:45

he is a twat, small willy syndrome me thinks

poshsinglemum Thu 29-Oct-09 17:41:12

It's not just me then.

I guess I shouldn't envy my mate. I couldn't put up with it. He wants her to give up work in order to be a house wife too. sigh.

Fibilou Thu 29-Oct-09 20:23:17

Next time I think i'd tell him to fuck off adn mind his own business. he obviously doesn't care that he's being rude to you so shouldn't mind you being rude back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now