Talk

Advanced search

Help! Advice in a postal strike needed!!

(5 Posts)
YorkshireGirl123 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:25:47

I have ordered some lurvely crystal door knobs but they have not arrived yet. I contacted the mail order company (Milk & Honey) and they said they had sent them but not arrived so I have the option of paying an extra £2 to get them delivered by DHL or I can get a full refund. The door knobs were £7.90 but I am going to end up paying £3.95 for P&P. Am I being tight resenting having to pay more P&P? What do you think I should do? Is anyone else having problems with mail order companies delivering (or not as the case maybe)?

JanJanJanJan Thu 29-Oct-09 13:30:10

Why dont you get a full refund, then re order them to be delivered through DHL.

FakePlasticTrees Thu 29-Oct-09 13:33:04

Or get a full refund and order again the new year? How urgently do you need your crystal door knobs?

Personally, I'd just pay it, £2 for peace of mind isn't that much.

lal123 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:38:27

When did you order them? Can't you just wait for the original ones to be delivered?

YorkshireGirl123 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:38:44

Yeah, think you might be right. I bought a cheap bathroom cabinets from IKEA with the intention of putting the crystal knobs on to make it look a bit more classy (and not cheap from IKEA- God, I'm tight!). Don't have an urgent need for them. Might get a refund and buy them from somewhere else. Maybe it wasn't meant to be?! But then I won'd make my friends laugh by complaining 'my knobs haven't turned up yet!!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now