Talk

Advanced search

For wishing DD would go and DO something?

(23 Posts)
PinkPatrick Wed 28-Oct-09 14:13:37

We have 3 kids. The two youngest are rarely seen, they're either at a club or upstairs watching TV, on the pc or xbox etc. DD(13) sits in the living room constantly.

After school she sits in the living room from 3.30 until 9pm.

During the school holidays she just sits in the living room watching TV all day. The other day this was from 9am until 9pm. DH thinks I'm "getting at her" but I can't see why she can't just go and find something to do like the others.

Yesterday she didn't get up until 12pm and then sat in the living room in her dressing gown until 9pm.

She hasn't had a shower either since Saturday.

AIBU?

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 14:15:03

ANOTHER AIBU? So soon?

I think not...

PinkPatrick Wed 28-Oct-09 14:15:36

I'm stuck in the house with 3 kids and I'm bored.

PinkPatrick Wed 28-Oct-09 14:15:54

It is a genuine question though ...

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 14:16:48

Arf, just like the one about the 10yo and the cinema!

Who is it, come out come out!

claw3 Wed 28-Oct-09 14:17:13

Youre bored, dd is bored and sitting in the frontroom, why dont you do something together?

RealityBites Wed 28-Oct-09 14:17:32

Message withdrawn

mumblechum Wed 28-Oct-09 14:19:26

I'd take her out somewhere. DS is out and about most of the time this half term but when he's free I take him either into Oxford to the cinema, lunch etc or London or out for a bike ride.

Can't you take them all out for a day at least a couple of times over half term?

PotPourri Wed 28-Oct-09 14:22:13

Why not do a pamper day - get her a nice spa bath stuff and do your nails together. Sorts out the smelliness, and gives her something to do. Maybe go to the hairdresser afterwards - will get her dressed as going out.

(that's if it this is a real post)

anonymous85 Wed 28-Oct-09 14:23:38

This Might Help...

titchy Wed 28-Oct-09 14:24:27

Oh for Gods sake get her a tv in her room.

NeedCoffee Wed 28-Oct-09 14:27:41

Give her some redbull to get her going
Seriously though, I don't get your question, AYBU about what exactly? For trying to get her to go do things, well, why can't you take her out and do things? Swimming, ice skating?

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 28-Oct-09 14:57:21

Oh. I didn't realise it was this person. Are you sure it is?

Longtalljosie Wed 28-Oct-09 15:38:27

"why dont you do something together? "

Because it's her stepdaughter and she hates her.

Goooooo

Awaaayyyyyyy

allaboutme Wed 28-Oct-09 15:59:52

is this the one with the step daughter in the big room and the 2 boys in the box room?

victoriascrumptious Wed 28-Oct-09 16:03:10

Anyone got a link to the other post?

Longtalljosie Wed 28-Oct-09 16:09:50

It is indeed - she's the Boxroom Troll... grin

madamearcati Wed 28-Oct-09 16:23:41

Ah I know the poster you mean .But I'm not sure what makes her a troll.
I get so sad for that poor little girl every time I read her mean posts !

Longtalljosie Wed 28-Oct-09 17:08:39

Well, she never comes back again on her threads. She posts, some people advise, others say "not you again" and that's it. Until she comes back with a new thread and a new name. She also never acknowledges it was her before...

TootaLaFruit Wed 28-Oct-09 17:13:54

I am intrigued... as a new poster (but a real one!!), how do you know the OP is not real? Or a troll? (...and what is a troll?) I really want to know grin

TootaLaFruit Wed 28-Oct-09 17:35:41

Ummmm... I'm not a troll trying to fish for information to increase my trolly-productivity btw!

Longtalljosie Thu 29-Oct-09 07:00:26

Trolling isn't just a mumsnet thing, it's anyone who posts on internet threads just to be difficult / abusive / unkind. Sometimes they can be rather funny, but generally just a bit unpleasant.

Hello and welcome!

busybutterfly Thu 29-Oct-09 20:01:43

And there was me thinking what a lovely, go getting family they sounded - 2 youngest out of sight, watching tv or x box, DD watching tv and mum (if it is she) on t'internet. hmm

GET A LIFE

(am posting this when my children are in bed btw!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now