Talk

Advanced search

to feel guilty sitting in my car at he handcar wash

(22 Posts)
carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 13:44:37

where 2 men clean our car for a fiver.

never been to the hand carwash before, but because we had a new car in sept but paranoid about going to the machine car wash.

so went to the hand car wash this am, felt really embarrsed and guilty, sitting in the car liek some sort of queen while 2 blokes cleaned the car

don't know why i felt gulity really, suppose it just felt liek treating them like slaves or something

Cockavita Wed 28-Oct-09 13:47:40

Oh, I do this all the time. I have no shame in doing it... best spent fivers ever!grin

cocolepew Wed 28-Oct-09 13:47:55

I know what you mean, I never know where to look.

Does it do extras? Our local carwash is doubling as a brothel hmm

Cockavita Wed 28-Oct-09 13:49:30

I pretend to txt on my phone, or sometimes have a magazine in the car which I read.

carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 13:51:29

yeah thats just it, i didn't know where to look, i was pretending to do something.

if theres a next time, i might take aa duster so i can cleaan the inside at the same time or something.

i keep thinking hes coming for the money in a min, and it seemed to go on forever.

don't think they do "extras" though, flipping eck i would have felt even more blush then

bran Wed 28-Oct-09 13:52:02

Really coco? How do you know, or shouldn't I ask?

I've never felt guilty about it. I don't see that it's particularly demeaning for them, although I do feel sorry for them in the winter when it's freezing or lashing rain and tend to tip then.

Cockavita Wed 28-Oct-09 13:53:32

I know when they are going to ask for the money as when he starts to squeegy the windows and wipe the drips with a leather I know he will be giving me a thumbs up to wind the window down.....

cocolepew Wed 28-Oct-09 13:54:44

Well Bran every penny helps coming on the run up to Christmas wink

It was in the papers grin

EyeballsintheSky Wed 28-Oct-09 13:55:32

A fiver?? Where do you live? shock envy. Cost me £15 yesterday (Surrey prices?)! Ours is at the local Tesco so I went and did my shopping. When I came back it was gleaming, even DD's skanky car seat grin

BiteOfCock Wed 28-Oct-09 13:57:45

If the two of them would polish my fender for a tip I might quite enjoy it <<<fnarrr>>>>

Nah, I know what you mean- I've been to one once and it was excruciating. But I am the kind of person that would have to clean the bathroom before the cleaner arrived, if I had one. I don't think I ever could though.

OmniDroid Wed 28-Oct-09 14:03:26

DH won't go to the handcarwash because he's so embarrased to sit there in regal splendor while two cold, wet blokes clean his car. I have to go (or persuade 3yo DS to clean the car...)

cocolepew Wed 28-Oct-09 14:05:27

Ours is £4, but I don't kow how much gfor the extras.....

We were dicussing it in work and my friend suddenly realised why her sons car was always gleaming grin

bran Wed 28-Oct-09 14:05:55

grin at Coco. My mind is boggling at the possibilities. shock I mean, does the driver sit in the car getting a bj while they are hosing down the outside? Or perhaps they do a special offer, £2 off if your car cleaning isn't finished by the time the driver is. wink

Cockavita Wed 28-Oct-09 14:06:25

Ah Eyeballs, so they do the interior then too? Ours for say a 3dr car like mine - Seat Ibiza, then it is a fiver, if a family car then it would be £6 and a 4x4 would be £10 - 'cos they have to get the step ladders out for those.

thelunar66 Wed 28-Oct-09 14:06:57

I use the hand car wash loads. Excellent value for a fiver. I spend the time smiling and flirting with my eyes at the pretty boys doing the washing wink

Am a bit worried now, in case they refer me on the the brothel part of the business! hmm

GibbonWithAnAppleBobbingBibOn Wed 28-Oct-09 14:08:08

Slaves? I think they would be offended you felt like that tbh. They are doing an honest job for honest pay.

Have to say I have never felt like a queen when getting the car washed.

carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 14:10:15

where me and dh and dd live its about 15 quid, but where my mum and dad live 20-30 drive from here its a fivershock

if i had paid 15 i don't think i would have cringed so much.

it seemed to take ages.

lord knows how i'd get on if i had a cleaner

cocolepew Wed 28-Oct-09 14:10:18

Bran, the ladies are in the shed (classy) and apparently the gentlemen went in (the shed) while their car was being washed. Either they're quick or their cars are sparkling.

Everything looks like a double entrndre now hmm

carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 14:10:58

my dad told me not to be such a twerp and they'd be glad of the business.

EyeballsintheSky Wed 28-Oct-09 14:12:58

Yes that's for the inside as well and tbh they earned their money. It was absolutely shocking inside, part of the reason why I ran away blush

carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 14:14:43

omg at the ladies in the shed.

eyeballs was only cleaned on the outside thank goodness

carriedababi Wed 28-Oct-09 14:15:41

at least if you go off shopping in tescos, you don't have to sit there while they do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now