Talk

Advanced search

to want to have my bin emptied?

(7 Posts)
branflake81 Tue 27-Oct-09 15:21:25

Sigh. It's been 8 weeks. The bin men are on strike and I am getting sick of the rubbish and the foxes and the smell.

Just a rant.

Indith Tue 27-Oct-09 15:43:45

Leeds?

Had lunch there with MIL on Saturday, she is using the strike to be very smug about her eco credentials (just pretend not to notice the huge amounts of imported fruit and veg in the fridge. They don't usually buy it, it is just a special treat. Every week.)They still have space in their bin because everything recyclable is being taken to the supermarket recycling facilities (which are of course also overflowing as they are council emptied), they have started composting (which makes her very smug indeed although she has never bothered until now), all paper is being stacked inthe garage. When the garage is full of paper it shall be given to us. We will be expected to be very grateful because we have a fire. I fully expect to get a paper log maker for Christmas. She looks down her nose at anybody with a full bin, I don't think it has crossed her mind that it is perhaps not quite so easy for families as it is for her and her dh.

ChilloHippi Tue 27-Oct-09 15:57:59

8 weeks worth of nappies would fill up a bin.

BouncingTurtle Tue 27-Oct-09 16:31:37

8 weeks!! shock That is just crazy!

I do recycle most of my rubbish, but that would still piss me off!

Indith - would you like my paper too grin I can sell you a paper log maker if you DON'T get one for Xmas!

Indith Tue 27-Oct-09 16:34:48

Oh there you are BT! Been missing you. Am about to start a Christmas meet up thread, see you there!

boundarybabe Tue 27-Oct-09 18:39:01

8 weeks! <boak> shock

curiositykilled Tue 27-Oct-09 19:13:16

Are you going to withold 8 weeks worth of council tax? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now