Talk

Advanced search

to think people should check if they are forwarding a hoax

(13 Posts)
MrsThePoint Mon 26-Oct-09 22:52:27

I am getting sick of those ?pass this on to 10 friends? emails from people, especially the ones that ?seem like they might be true?.

The same people send them to me, and I once I?ve checked them on hoax slayer, I use the template to say this is a hoax and that I don?t like junk mail, but they still send them on!

BouncingTurtle Mon 26-Oct-09 22:54:37

Get this all the time. Pisses me off too.
YANBU

MrsThePoint Mon 26-Oct-09 22:58:51

Glad IANBU! Just why, why, why can't they check first, takes seconds!

thelunar66 Mon 26-Oct-09 22:59:23

Oh god yes.. and why does the sender always put something like...

'could be hoax but forwarding just in case'

Go look it up on snopes before sending you lazy arse. It takes same amount of time as it does to type 'just in case' [grr]

LetThereBeRock Mon 26-Oct-09 23:02:25

I wish that they wouldn't forward any of that nonsense.Hoax or not.

Seabright Mon 26-Oct-09 23:05:22

Drives me mad. How hard is it to look on snopes? I always reply to everyone the messgae has been sent to pointing out that it's a hoax to try & embarass whoever sent it from doing it again.

Doesn't work, but makes me feel better.

Firawla Mon 26-Oct-09 23:13:06

yanbu its very annoying

paisleyleaf Mon 26-Oct-09 23:15:12

What sort of 'pass this on to 10 friends' e-mails aren't a hoax?

YourCallIsImportant Mon 26-Oct-09 23:15:19

I do exactly the same as Seabright, hoping that it makes them stop, but it never does. I always find that it's the same people who keep sending these things round.

Have to say that Snopes is also useful for the easily distracted....loads of great stuff on it if you're bored at work.

hatesponge Mon 26-Oct-09 23:18:48

YANBU

I have had a message from 3 people today on FB about an attempted child abduction in a supermarket...which I have checked out in about 30 secs & is almost certainly a hoax. However now no doubt the 100s of people it has gone to will have forwarded it etc unchecked.......

BrigitBigKnickers Mon 26-Oct-09 23:42:54

Oh christ my ML is forever sending me stuff like this. Always phones me just after she has sent it to tell me to look and marks them as urgent.hmm She is so gullible.

SoloDonsHerPointyHat Mon 26-Oct-09 23:46:11

I always check, tell all the addresses prior tomine it has visited and hit DELETE.

SoloDonsHerPointyHat Mon 26-Oct-09 23:46:40

Spacebar faulty ~ bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now