Talk

Advanced search

I know I am, come and flame me.....

(27 Posts)
Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:26:23

Our nursery called me at work today to collect payment. We are almost three weeks late.
I was incredibly cross about it and a bit mental I suppose.

I had given them my fully functioning card details and they couldn't get it to work earlier in the month as every time they entered the postcode (which apparently they need to confirm they aren't thieves) they entered it the wrong way round.

We are there twice a day within 5 minutes either way each day
A letter, a note, something?? Call my mobile?
DH's mobile?

No the accounts guy chased me at work for payment. Left a message with the office receptionist saying "could Ronaldinhio please call blah at her nursery and pay her outstanding bill"

I went into my office and made it quite clear I was very unhappy....but then I called back 5 mins later and told him all over again
blush
blush

The red mist had descended

Let the flaming begin

hf128219 Mon 26-Oct-09 22:30:17

So you wouldn't have been late if they hadn't entered the postcode wrongly?

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:30:35

bloody hell I thought I'd need more clothing than this...

pigletmania Mon 26-Oct-09 22:30:46

YANBU their systems sound a bit incompetent, is there any other way you can pay them like cheque.

Vallhala Mon 26-Oct-09 22:30:53

Why should you be flamed? The nursery's approach was rude, unprofessional and unnecessary. It's not your fault that they should make you feel obliged to tell them.

Even if they did call you at work, a simple message to ask Ms X to call Y nursery would have sufficed.

You go girl!

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:33:45

No, I'm never late but have a new switch card and gave them the new details...be kinda hard to brazen out dropping off your kids if you hadn't paid ffs

I knew nothing about it...doesn't excuse the madness
Didn't shout or anything but called back to express my displeasure again
<<cringe>>

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:35:32

They won't let us set up a transfer which sounds tres suss

I suppose I could hand over a cheque but I don't use a cheque book (does anyone?) and they prefer switch

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Mon 26-Oct-09 22:35:40

We take payment by card over the phone, hey don't need your postcode, it is just extra security for you.

MmeGoblindt Mon 26-Oct-09 22:36:27

Absolutely understandable. Calling your work to say that you had not paid is unprofessional to say the least.

Particularly when it was their fault for entering the postcode wrongly.

shock

daftpunk Mon 26-Oct-09 22:37:06

yanbu....they should not be leaving messages like that with the office receptionist..

that info is confidential...

PoppyIsApain Mon 26-Oct-09 22:37:58

YANBU how rude of them

ninah Mon 26-Oct-09 22:39:10

call them again

colditz Mon 26-Oct-09 22:41:27

yeah. call them now and give them a good reaming

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:42:46

He said today they had repeatedly tried the card and it had failed

I called my bank they said that no request had been made for payment and none turned down

Called back and checked details, all right except postcode which has remained static but for some reason the girl had this time written down wrongly...apparently they write it down ona piece of paper for the security checks

In truth I spoke with him three times
blush
blush

First time when he said they kept trying my card and it didn't work...I apologised and said I'd get back to him
The second after I'd spoken to my bank and was cross and a bit like a bossy head girl
The third when I'd had 5 mins to stew and was very red of chest and the red mist had descended

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:44:46

feck off
I've already admitted that I made a multiple calling tit of myself coldiz and ninah

I now have to what apologise or brazen it out?

hf128219 Mon 26-Oct-09 22:46:13

Brazen it out.

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Mon 26-Oct-09 22:47:21

Brazen it out, see previous post.

ninah Mon 26-Oct-09 22:48:00

no way should they leave accounts messages with a 3rd party - brazen it out!

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 22:48:22

dh thinks it's hilarious

wants to know if he should also call a series of times.....

argghhhhh

what an ejitt

ninah Mon 26-Oct-09 22:49:55

you could write LOVE and HATE on his knuckles in biro and send him round

MmeGoblindt Mon 26-Oct-09 22:52:28

Brazen it out. They were really out of order. Your red mist is understandable.

Look, even MNetters are agreeing that yanbu.

I would follow up wiht a letter of complaint, that might be slightly unreasonable.

EdgarAllenPoo Mon 26-Oct-09 22:53:12

they broke the data protection act by discussing an outstanding balance with an unauthorised third party. get evil on their asses.

the most they could have said was ' I am X, accounts for Y Nursery, Could ronaldhinho call us back, here is our number?'

or not bother. these things happen - everyone knows that.

Ronaldinhio Mon 26-Oct-09 23:03:19

thanks miladies

I've gone from red mist to red face and now feel like a little less of a fool
so much for being unflappable and businesslike
lol

dh keeps saying " and another thing"
utterly cretinous...I like the idea of him urming and ahhing with love and hate on his knuckles

thanks

VengefulSinner Mon 26-Oct-09 23:08:16

If it were me I would be fuming!

Of course YANBU - I would have given the accounts guy a right ear basing for being so unprofessional, discourteous and outright spiteful!

mind you, I am easily riled and quite happy to retaliate.

If they had all the other contact details for you wtf was the need to leave messages for you at work?!

I would also raise the matter with the nursery manager... that accounts guy needs some serious re-training.

VengefulSinner Mon 26-Oct-09 23:09:13

Basing?! Bashing!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now