Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To let my 3 year old watch lots of telly whilst I chill out (37 weeks pregnant!)

(13 Posts)
eggontoast Mon 26-Oct-09 14:16:30

I am 37 weeks pregnant. My 3 year old has just discovered Disney films and Tom and Jerry. I have finished full time work to wait for the impending arrival of number 2. I keep getting a pang of guilt, although, I dont really know why, because he seems happy as larry to watch TV for hours!!

I have never done this before, and still ensure he gets books read at bedtime, we do counting, baking and he always cooks lunch and tea with me every day. We go out for a walk almost every day for about 45 mins to park, on his scooter, but I feel a little bit like I am letting him down when I see him glued to the TV in the mean time!! He is so clever and loving and special and I want him to be happy when the baby comes, so I am glad he has something that entertains him as I will be busy as hell with new one!!!

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH why do I insist on trying to label myself the perfect parent? I cant possibly do that now can I? wink

pigletmania Mon 26-Oct-09 14:18:27

YANBU just chill and relax girl you deserve it, your ds sounds like he is absolutely fine smile

corblimeymadam Mon 26-Oct-09 14:18:34

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Mon 26-Oct-09 14:18:52

It is fine tho the novelty might wear off before the baby arrives so maybe limiting it to 30 minutes a time now will mean he will be happy to sit for longer after the baby arrives.

shockers Mon 26-Oct-09 14:21:42

If you're putting your feet up why don't you watch with him?
You sound like you're doing lots of other stuff too... don't be so hard on yourself, you have exceptional circumstances!!

PacificWerewolfwoohood Mon 26-Oct-09 14:22:43

YANBU.

Cbeebies is your friend grin.
DS1 and 2 were positively square eyed when I was sitting BFing DS3.
They seem to be ok now - no ASBOs, no convictions, no twitches wink.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
smile

Niecie Mon 26-Oct-09 14:22:54

YANBU. Who says you aren't being the perfect parent? You are nearly a parent of 2 now. Your second baby needs you to rest at this stage in your pregnancy so you are doing it for DC2. DS will have to compromise but he always will when there are 2 children for your to care for and he it is good for him! A bit of telly won't hurt and might even do some good if it isn't wall to wall cartoons which it doesn't sound like it is.

Good luck with your new baby. smile

jumpyjan Mon 26-Oct-09 14:23:49

YANBU don't worry about it. He is happy - you are relaxed - what's the problem? I was the same when I was pregnant and I always switched beebies on when breastfeeding so DD was occupied.

Enjoy chilling out together whilst it is still just the 2 of you smile

eggontoast Mon 26-Oct-09 15:00:11

Thanks everyone, I will try to give myself a break from my own mind!!

If I am really kind to myself, I guess, I do at least one hour of house work, a load of washing, walk the dog, make a tea from scratch each day, put him to bed every night, cuddle him whenever he wants one, do the shopping etc. so I am having to be an all rounder at present!! Plus, I am the size of a small whale!!

I watched loads of TV when I was a child, and I think I am OK!! (most of the time he he). We are going to bake a pie for tea now and then play his fave board games for a bit. There, all rounder!! Good luck to you, belgianbun!

MonsterousNasalPustule Mon 26-Oct-09 15:06:53

Eggs your your own worst judge chill and enjoy.

monkeyfacegrace Mon 26-Oct-09 15:09:11

Aww you sound like I used to be, worrying about everything! Trust me, when number two comes along you will relax a bit! (says the mum who is cuddled up with her two watching toy story!)

MrsBadger Mon 26-Oct-09 15:15:09

grin

I am only [checks] 27wks so I am knackering myself doing fun stuff with 2yo dd as a) I know I won't be up to it much longer and b) in preparation for the inevitable bf-for-baby/CBeebies-for-toddler tradeoff...

NestaFiesta Thu 29-Oct-09 09:35:42

YANBU. I am 35 weeks with DS2 and knackered with DS1 (age 3). To keep the novelty factor going I have Sky Plussed a few pixar films for him and we too have recently discovered Tom and Jerry.

Bear in mind that this is the last time it will be just the two of you and children LOVE their mother's company so make the most of chilling out time together when its just you two. Sounds like you're doing a great job. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now