Talk

Advanced search

to not want an audience when I park my car? Or is it okay to call your neighbours wankers in a loud voice?

(5 Posts)
womma Mon 26-Oct-09 09:46:21

I'm getting really sick of this...I live in a small block of flats and the upstairs have a long balcony where people stand and gawp at the street (usually when the ads are on during Jeremy Kyle I reckon).

I'm a fairly new driver and not that confident parking and most of the parking spaces are a bit tricky, so it can take me a few minutes and several maneouvres to park my car, but there is always some twunt out there having a good gawp and even laughing at me trying to park my bloody Honda.

It's making me really angry. So far I've managed not to say anything, a superhuman effort on my part I have to say. After all these people are my neighbours and I have to see them every day, and to be honest some of them are a bit in the 'hard bastards' league too, but god I'd love to say something withering and super clever to them! Well, cleverer than 'Fuck off you nosy bastard and get a life' anyway. Any suggestions?

LaurieScaryCake Mon 26-Oct-09 09:49:41

try saying in a very straight voice

"it's really hard to park when I'm pissed"

since you're clearly not pissed it will confuzzle them. grin

<nb. this is a somewhat joke about drink driving which may or may not be funny to you personally - apologies to those offended>

ZZZenAgain Mon 26-Oct-09 10:00:03

are you parking on the street? If so , park further down and walk a bit?

Ask them to come down and park it for you.

I would practice parking a bit at leisure without an audience, somewhere like an empty supermarket parking lot at the weekend. I know how you feel. I used to get this in Morocco and I tell you half the dc inthe street and some good-natured old men were there having a right old laugh. I think you have to have loud music on, and when you get out, laugh with them and give them a cheery wave.

I still can't park tbh

Biobytes Mon 26-Oct-09 10:02:41

Rather than getting annoyed at the neighbours who may only be watching for the welfare of their own cars, go and practice parking somewhere else.

Morloth Mon 26-Oct-09 10:49:49

I once got a round of applause from some builders who watched me park. I was a new driver, it was quite a small car and quite a big space. I just started out wrong so it was hard to "fix" after that. It was pretty funny. Now I can park a monster 4wd in a tiny space, just takes practice.

I gave them a bow when I got out.

Just ignore them if it upsets you, keep practising and take your time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now