Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to really hate the clocks changing?

(9 Posts)
laumiere Mon 26-Oct-09 09:27:04

I am fed up today, all the clocks going back seem to do is screw up the routines of those of us with small kids, give childfree people an hour in bed and mean that you have to commute to work in the dark.

It's nothing to do with protecting kids walking to/from school in the dark (and don't they all get driven now anyway? grin), it was suggested in 1907 to save daylight by making the most of summer light. Hardly applicable now we use artificial light and have flexi-time!

southeastastra Mon 26-Oct-09 09:28:08

it is annoying, hate all the driving i have to do in the dark

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Mon 26-Oct-09 09:32:55

It annoyed me when DS was a little babba as he didn't change his body/feed clock just because the clocks changed so we were both confused!

Didn't mind it this time but it did mean that DS was up at 6 instead of 7!

LaurieScaryCake Mon 26-Oct-09 09:39:51

<bleary-eyed>

dd, 11 has sleepover - they went to bed at 1 and wakened up at 6 "cos it was light" hmm

I've made them pancakes and now they're going into town

I may go back to bed (til tonights sleepover comes)

Feierabend Mon 26-Oct-09 09:45:51

I hate it too - poor babies get all confused, I lose sleep and it gets dark far too early sad

BuwchBywiog Mon 26-Oct-09 21:01:37

I hate it, hate driving in the dark and hate having the DC's routine ruined for weeks! YANBU

mumeeee Mon 26-Oct-09 21:35:21

You don't have to commute to work in the dark as it is actually lighter in the mornings.

diddle Mon 26-Oct-09 21:37:40

hate it, my 3 boys were awake before 6 because of it, confused us all.

laumiere Mon 26-Oct-09 22:19:23

*mumeeee( That bit was in for DH, he works nights so never sees daylight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now