Talk

Advanced search

to want to physically hurt dh if he puffs/sniffs/groans

(11 Posts)
SerendipitousHarlot Sun 25-Oct-09 14:49:04

ONE MORE TIME??? angry

He fell onto my knife, your Honour.

He fell onto my knife TEN TIMES grin

Seriously though. Shut the fuck up already. You've got a sniffle. Big fucking deal. I've got toothache, backache, I'm tired, and I'm starving hungry while I'm cooking the roast. Do you hear me whining?

Well, I am whining here obviously grin

Amapoleon Sun 25-Oct-09 14:50:49

Hahahaa1 i feel your pain.

lynniep Sun 25-Oct-09 14:55:23

lol I feel it too!!

DH has got a bit of a scabby foot and is hobbling around groaning and whinging. He left it to get that way because he couldnt be bothered to go and get some over the counter steroid cream. Gaaah!!!

I am 38 weeks pregant and have no end of unpleasant symptoms at the moment. So no, I have NO sympathy!!

luckyblackcat Sun 25-Oct-09 15:10:38

you have my deepest sympathy.

my dh is a habitual sniifer, I have taken to instructing him to blow his nose in the same tone I use for the dc.

He will also wipe his nose on the back of his hand/sleeve if he thinks i am not looking.

In fact he has so many vile habits, I think it would be a kindness to have him pts.

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 25-Oct-09 15:13:07

LOL luckyblackcat grin

It's the hangdog expression that gets me more than anything. You'd think he'd realise my lack of sympathy when I spend the whole day saying 'what's the matter with you now?' grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 25-Oct-09 15:15:36

He sounds just like my DH.

My DH suffers from 'allergies' which seem to involve him sniffing instead of breathinghmm

I swear I have no idea how I manage not to kill him some days.

Even the ds's sniff less than he does and that's saying something.

luckyblackcat Sun 25-Oct-09 15:19:20

accompanied by rasied eyebrows I hope (sorry about the random lack of caps, on tiny notebook and it is a challenge)

DH pulled his groin yesterday when walking the dog, dog on lead chased a rabbit just as dh climbing a stile. He had a special muscle tonic bath and was moaning and groan, out of sheer impishness I suggested he rub some deep heat into it. He was a bit huffy and said, "I've already done that, it got on my balls and it burns like hell." I nearly expired trying to look sympathetical the time desperate to shout, "christ on a bike, what d'ya do that for you moron"

sarah293 Sun 25-Oct-09 15:46:03

Message withdrawn

ilovesprouts Sun 25-Oct-09 15:52:58

oh ive got one like that today ,says hes got man flu ffs hmm

Astrid28 Sun 25-Oct-09 16:38:03

ha ha! DH is exactly the same, always sighing and groaning when he's ill. Jesus man, unless you are 100% sure you are actually dying - ZIP IT!

My BIL was ill recently and my sis did a great impression of him with a cold EVERY word he said began with D decause his dose was so dotty grin silly bugger.

monkeyfeathers Sun 25-Oct-09 17:29:42

My DP spent last night whinging that he might be getting ill. The baby (9 weeks), on the other hand, is ill. He's got a cold and isn't too happy about it. This, of course, made for a crappy night up with a grumpy baby for me, while DP tossed and turned with his earplugs in. Eventually, he got out of bed and went off to sleep in DS1's room instead, complaining 'I've got my [PhD] viva tomorrow'. The viva may be a very big deal but I feel his point is undermined by the fact that, at 4am on a Sunday, you still have a whole other night's sleep to get in before Monday. Added to this is that the whole other night's sleep is going to take place in his friend's spare room in another city with no babies or small children to disturb him. I, however, get to spent the night, and the next 3 days on my own with a sick baby and I can't even go anywhere because he has the car. Amazingly, I managed to bite my tongue over this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now