Talk

Advanced search

or is it him

(8 Posts)
mummysgoingmad Sun 25-Oct-09 01:46:35

ok this is very hard to write, i have been thinking about this for a while now
me n my dp have been together for 3 years now and sometimes i think...is this it! is this really all i deserve. ok he works himself into the ground, but when hes home and if i ever ask him to do something its "in a minute" if i dont ask him again it never gets done, but when i do i either get a teenage huff (he's 27) or i told you i'll do it in a minute.

he's not very romantic.. for example he proposed in bed 1 night with the lights off just as we were going to sleep and i had to wait 8 months for the ring!

he's really good with our ds, and ds loves his daddy to bits and so do i most days but other days i just think i'm either being a nag or too needy cause i want him to give me a hand with ds or with dishes etc. or he'l fall asleep straight after work (at 4pm)

we never do anything together becasue he works so much and when he has days off he'l want to go and see his mates or sit in the house making more mess for me to clean up.

sometimes i think i deserve more blush, should he be doing more or is he doin enough?
ambu??

basl Sun 25-Oct-09 01:50:33

mummysgoingmad no you are not. Have you told him how you feel. Do you get any time with your mates?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Oct-09 01:52:25

It doesn't sound to me as if either of you are being unreasonable. Just exhausted with the day to day reality of life with a young child.

I think you'd be better posting again in Relationships but perhaps you need to be talking to your DH about this?

mummysgoingmad Sun 25-Oct-09 01:54:27

yeh all the time i've even threatened to tell him mother about his behaviour as thats the only person he'l listen to! he takes it on board for about a day and then back to the normal ways we go!! my mates are 85miles away basl so it makes it really difficult to see them he's really all i have here.

LynetteScavo Sun 25-Oct-09 01:55:23

You are both exhausted. YANBU, but neither is he.

'Tis life. He loves you, but is knackered.

mummysgoingmad Sun 25-Oct-09 01:55:57

thanks for that oldladyknowsnothing, i wasnt quite sure were to put this

BiteOfFun Sun 25-Oct-09 01:08:41

When does he start work? How much does he do around the house? How knackered are you?

mummysgoingmad Sun 25-Oct-09 01:14:59

he starts at 6.30am thats when our ds wakes up usually cause dp has woken him up trying to get to work in time, he doesn't do very much around the house, if im honest..when i met him he lived in squaller and he's quite happy living like that..honestly i'm shattered through the day but lately hada lot of trouble sleepin ...very annoying when you have a 11month old!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now